Thursday, March 18, 2010

I see the future!

I predicted this horrible pain yesterday.

Yep, I did.

Only I never figured it would keep me awake half the night in the form of a stabbing migraine - had to get up twice to take meds, first Naproxen which did fuck-all to easy any pain, then Solpadeine and Advil which seemed to help a bit. Had to get Vegas to rub the giant knot in my shoulder this morning so I could function at a basic level today... Not sure how it'll go but I need to take it easy, reeeeaaal easy or I will crash again. Am pretty stoned on more meds right now - woo!

The yardwork was totally worth it though :-D

I finally got my ragdolls last night, well one of them... My friend misunderstood and thought I only wanted the girl (plus another little black silkie), when I really wanted the male too! GAAH! So I have to wait until next Monday or Wednesday to see his little face here. *sniff*

Pics will come later, right now I want them to settle in a bit (they're quite nervous) and then they get a bath and a brushing. The little black one is a mess, her topknot was matted with dreadlocks from dirt and crap so those got chopped off last week, her coat is in bad condition too - sigh. Poor things. By summertime they should look stunning as they need fresh air, a better diet and some free-ranging in the sun.

Since I know you all love chicken talk (he he), I'm sure you won't mind a few pics!
Meeka, a mixed-breed girl - I love her top hat and feathered legs!
Remember Sunshine, my sweet scraggly roo that I was going to put to sleep last December
because of a terrible bronchitis that never healed? Look at him now! Still a teenager that has a lot of filling out to do but wow, he's really surprised me lately with his new feathering!
My silkie boy Lily, aka "The Screamer". He's super gorgeous and sweet but my gosh he's got a pair of lungs on him, and Pavarotti he ain't! I'm only keeping him for breeding, otherwise he'd go to a new home... Maybe he'll settle down once he's in his summer pen with girls to keep him occupied.
Miss Paris, having a sun bath :-)
Oh man I'm knocked out. I hope I'll sound coherent on the phone, I have a bunch of calls to make... One is about the house, so maybe we'll get another prospective buyer. The last peeps that visited (twice) never called back so they're off the list and that's OK since they weren't going to put any real money on the table. WTF people are thinking sometimes, I'll never know.

Jerks.

OoooOOooOO the sun's peeping out from behind the clouds - yey!

I should really get up and go clean the stanky chicken coop. And brush my teeth. The two aren't related in any way. I promise.

Leaving you with a snapshot from my couch...
/end of Happy Daze post/

7 comments:

Kathryn said...

Ugh, sorry you had such a terrible migraine. That's awful. Sounds like you have some relief today, though. And yay for Vegas getting that knot out of your shoulder.

Can't wait to see pix of the new addition. Wait, if you move, what's going to happen to the brood? You'll move somewhere where you can still have them?

Enjoy your day and don't overdo it!

Happy Thursday.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sorry about the migraine. Feel better soon. Love all the pictures. I can't get enough of them, they are so darn cute. I didn't realize that you give them baths! Do you have to do that often or do they usually take care of themselves.? Hope your day is wonderful, don't work too hard.

Vegas said...

Lily is awesome. Utterly deluded, but awesome all the same :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

I am happy about sunshine....he is a happy boy, huh?
Now about the migraine and achies...I hate it for you. You get hit with the bad stuff a lot. That is not fair.
I hope you took it easy today...and perhaps the next few as well. And by easy, you know what I mean. Less by your standards but still more than most peeps standards.

prin said...

Hehe, I tol' you when I prays for stuff it works. Sunshine is officially my favorite now. :D

(And he's super pretty too.)

I hope your head feels better tomorrow. I had some gnomin' going on yesterday and today too. Crappy. I think it's because the snowstorm is comin'. ;)

Oh, but it did rain about three drops while I was driving earlier, so maybe they're the culprit.

Technodoll said...

Kathryn, we're only moving to a place where I can have a big new coop for the flock - they're part of the family and coming with us!

Just Breathe, I've never bathed a chicken before but these little newbies need some TLC... wish me luck!

Technodoll said...

Vegas, you love his endless screeching now? LOL

Busy Bee, I don't do more than anyone else... I just yap about it more, LOL! And yes I love my little Sunshine, he is a GREAT roo!

Prin, I thing the gnomes are striving for political power. They must be stomped down. Please pray for their extinction!!