Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Breathing before the craziness

Ohhhh it's going to be VERY busy as of tomorrow!! Taking a deep breath and enjoying a few last moments of tranquility before the madness...

*sips wine*

Thursday: cleaning the top floor of the house, washing the guest bed & preparing the room in preparation for visitors, doing some yard work, cleaning the main coop and condos in addition to the normal flock, home and dog chores. I had to re-home one of my 6-week old roos (the Rhode Island Red formerly known as Flash Gordon) as he is already very aggressive, but he's going to a very good home - his new owner is picking him up in the afternoon, so that's a relief.

If the promised warmer & drier weather peeks its head out tomorrow, Tyler finally gets to go back in his condo with his two ladies, I think he should be OK to clear up the remnants of his cold without meds now.

Crossing fingers.

Any sign of illness reappears and he's back in the house presto pronto.
Do try and watch this without laughing, please!
(You need volume)


I know, I know - BEST little roo in the world! :-D

He's such a joy to have around, always chattering and appreciating life. The past two evenings his crate has been in the living room so he gets to "hang out" with the family. He gets too lonely otherwise, poor sod.

So that's Thursday. Friday morning is the super mad dash to deep-scrub the house (hoover, mop floors, dust, tidy up, clean toilets, etc) and try to clean up the deck and stairs and stuff, we have realtors coming by at 1pm to look at the property. Crossing fingers on that, too.

Then my dad and stepmom arrive mid-afternoon so I've got to have dinner preparation underway (they're bringing pasghetti & trimmings, I'm making bread and dessert - might have to send Vegas to the grocery store in the morning to get salad stuff but shhh don't tell him, he's terrified of salads). My brother and his GF are also coming to dinner so in all that mayhem I also have to fit in the flock and dog duties - ACK!

Saturday afternoon the visit leaves, and then I have a lady coming over to buy some silkie eggs for incubating.

Sunday is for driving to my brother's place (he lives pretty far) for my new niece's promised photo session - a bit bummed that it's supposed to be cloudy but we'll see, it's not like the weather people can tell the weather from their ass anyways.

This post was more of a mind-map to help keep me sane rather than to entertain you, dear peeps - ah well, they can't all be winners, right? LOL!

Do tell me of your upcoming Easter Weekend plans!

"Have you ever seen a man-eating tiger"
"No, but in the cafe next door I once saw a man eating chicken!"

11 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

You do have a couple of full days ahead...but what could be better? nothing. :0
That little Tyler..he has good lungs on him, huh?
I hope your weekend plans go well...and don't stress so much. I have learned that my guests don't see my house dirt...but they do see my stress. :0
Why is Vegas afraid of salad? Must be a bad childhood experience.

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Wow, looks like you are going to be productively busy - but its going to be all worth it! Have a blast with family. And just in case you dont get to blog in between time: Happy Easter!

myself said...

Avoiding family at all costs is what I'm doing.

Enjoy.

Make Vegas eat his salad. I realize he's a Brit but it's no excuse :)

C said...

its the best of times to have buzy daze like these... good memories for later on.

whatta cutie pie tyler is! sorry but i lmao....

that would scare the crap outta me in the middle of the night.... if he rooed..

have a fantastic weekend, happy easter.... i want some pasgetti too, thats how we say it too! must be a french thing... lol

me, well thurs i am going to a funeral. friday, no plans and as for the weekend, i dunno yet... we have a ham in the freezer.... it was 85 today here. my first official day in the sun, basking.
yep basking by the flooded dirty snow drenched pool... it isnt pretty but it will be soon!

c

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

Yowzer, you are a busy gal. Surprisingly, I have no plans to tend to this week or weekend other than yardwork and bringing dessert to an Easter gathering!

I'm in love with Tyler!!

Rebecca Foster said...

I think Vegas and my V. should be friends-- they can form the salad hata club.

Your weekend sounds very fun, hope you get the chance to breath a bit and enjoy it. Especially the new niece part-- I love new neices! I bet she is a doll.

Happy Easter!

Janean said...

what a great song tyler has! too sweet....

girl, you sound crazy busy so i'll just wish you happy Easter now!!!!

Stephanie said...

That is the cutest sounding rooster I have ever heard. I pulled my girls in here to listen. Glad he is feeling better!

Piper said...

wow I could not imagine waking up to that. And he is so fluffy!
Sounds like you have a busy weekend. i am excited for Easter and my mom is coming into town!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I think that Tyler is feeling pretty good by the sound of things.
It's allot of work to have company but also so much fun. Have a wonder weekend. We are doing dinner on Saturday. I will post pictures on Monday of my table.

Technodoll said...

Busy Bee, that's a very good point you make! I'll try to be zen, I promise :) Vegas loves salad, he just has a phobia about making it - so weird, eh? LOL

Daring, Happy Easter to you too! Don,t let your chocolate melt in the hot california sun ;-)

Myself, oh he LIKES salads - just can't make them! ha ha!

C, time to clean the pool eh? it's soon summer! oh wait, first spring... mmm. I love ham (random) :-D

Jayme, sounds like a lovely weekend - and we love Tyler too, he's bursting with personality!

Rebecca, I always seem to make it sound worse than it is, LOL! Happy Easter to you too - can you get chocolate bunnies?

Janean, the first time I heard him roo I burst out laughing -and hubby too :-D

ModernMom, awe that made my day!!

Piper, woo! Fambly weekend - hope you have a GREAT one!

Just Breathe, knowing you that table will be FABULOUS - looking forward to your easter posts!