Thursday, March 11, 2010

The good, the bad, and the still smelly

Well. Talk about a day stuffed like a too-small shoe.

Got up groggy after a frustrating and crappy night of non-sleep and plunged straight into the morning chores and cleaning, trying not to be too discouraged that the plumbers would only get here in the afternoon, when the stink leaves the house for a few hours (it only reeks in the morning and in the evening) - there's a reason I booked them for 9am dammit! But no, they had scheduling mishap and guess who gets the scraps!

Meeeeee!

Anyhoo, I kept busy with building new nesting boxes in the coop from scrap wood (effing pain in the ass, next time I'm buying the damn wood!), it took about 3 hours when it should have taken one!

The plumbers showed up in the middle of my project, piddled around for an hour and a half, couldn't identify the problem (because there was no stink when they were there), they installed a thingie in one of the bathroom pipes and left with instructions to call again if it still stank - we're up to $330 in plumbing bills in two visits and guess what still reeks of rotten eggs tonight?

Sigh. This place is turning into Jerry Seinfeld's "B.O. car" - remember that episode?!

So bleddy frustrating.

In case you think I'm over-reacting, let me clarify that tomorrow, at 10am, we're getting a 2nd house visit - yes, the people who came to see the place Tuesday morning liked it enough to come again for another viewing so it's quite serious and nerve-racking... Specially since I told them the plumbing issue had been resolved!

CRAP! Literally!

If they are thinking of making an offer and the stink scares them off (plumbing issues are a big no-no), we're cursed.

Please, pretty please send us all your good mojo, juju, vibes and prayers so that these people fall in love with the house, stink or no stink!! It would be a ginormous weight off our shoulders to finally be able to plan our future a bit - you know?
(interlude for some bunnies that I photographed yesterday)

Are they cute, or what!
(however just not for me, I've no time or patience)

In exchange for the photo session, I got to bring home three sweet girls! One isn't doing so well though, she's sick and I felt sorry for her, hopefully with some TLC she'll bounce back... She's sooo pretty and gentle, the poor thing. I named her Hope. The two others are doing great, one's tiny and rumpless (born with no tail feathers) so I named her Minnie - LOL - and the other is pure white and almost identical to another hen I have, which is weird because they're both crosses, she is Meeka as the other is Mina. :-)

So there you have it. Today I learned to fix a blocked tub faucet - yay me! new skillz! - and rewarded all my hard physical labor with a Burger King dinner. Too bad it sucked. Merrr wasted calories merrr.

Are you bored yet??

What did the grape do when the elephant sat on it?
It let out a little wine.

10 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Bunnies are so cute. I will pray that the plumbing doesn't smell tomorrow. They shouldn't keep charging you when they haven't fixed it the first time. Praying that Hope will be okay. Hope they love the house. Sorry about the Burger King :(

Busy Bee Suz said...

the bunnies are so cute and soft and fluffy and sweet. Oh, Easter is right around the corner, huh?

I am so sorry about the plumbing issue...and the stink. **crossing fingers* that things are not an issue with your 2nd showing.

burger king? you have that there? So funny.

love the little pun. I need some wine.

hugs, suz

C said...

awww the bunnies are so cutsie, i wanna pet them... but they ARE alot of work and you already have alot of work!!! lol.. you cant be everyone's mama...!

that joke just cracked me up.

about the smell, maybe, perhaps it is a dead mouse in your walls, as this seems to fit the smell, and we have lived through that a long time ago... ugh, gross, can you look into that? and ours too would come and go....

jus sayin...

i aslo agree they shouldnt keep charging you if they arent fixinganything. seriously, sistah... NO.

you are so kind to try to nurse hope back, i so hope she makes it honey, i love how you love your chickies... you are such a good mama.

c

Kathryn said...

I love the bunny pix!! They are so adorable. Good job, photog!!!

Sorry about the plumbing . . . that stinks (ain't I punny!). And Burger King sucked? Sorry to hear that.

Sent you FB karma, but here is more karma for the visit today. Let us know how it goes!

Happy Friday.

Anonymous said...

that really stinks! pun intended! I can't believe the plumbers are charging that much either when they haven't even done anything. It seems to be they should be able to identify the problem whether there was a stink or not. I hope they can fix it in time for the people to come back and I'll keep my fingers crossed they like it. Just bake something sweet smelling like chocolate chip cookies or an apple pie right at the time of their visit. And lots of candles!

Bunnies are cute. But they poop ALL the time.

Anonymous said...

the second bunny is soo cute the last one is SCARY lol sorry its just its face and itts eys its like woah lol u have my prayers for the house

prin said...

I don't knows nuthin' 'bout plumbing, but the girl in me would totally flush the toilet a bunch of times when the smell starts to see if that helps. But it might make it worse? I dunno.

But what C said is true. Dead rodents can give off that smell...

Rebecca Foster said...

You are power woman!

Those bunnies make me miss my sweet bunny Ophelia, RIP.

Those darn pipes, I hope they find the problem. Nothing worse than a bad smell, yuck!

jaxjilmommy said...

That first bunny is just the cutest. He looks so silky soft!!!

Technodoll said...

Just Breathe, no kidding eh? They are SO going to get an earful next week because it reeks more than ever!!

Busy Bee, we have too many fast-food joints to mention :-o

C, no bunnies pour moi, no thanks! and the smell is back-up drain or something, it's in the floor and not an animal smell- we'll get it fixed, or ELSE! lol

Kathryn, bring on the karma - they really like the place but are just bitching on the price... oh well, no money no candy, eh?

Tonya, the stink is only in one bathroom so luckily we can close the door to keep it in there... and trust me, no amount of baking could dissipate that stench LOL! stupid plumbers - they're coming back AGAIN next week!

Farley, I think the bunnies were afraid of the camera - ha ha!

Prin, all the flush/drain tests were done twice, to no avail. it's a mystery!

Rebecca, the reek of rotten eggs does get to you, yeah... urk!

Jmom, they are incredibly soft!