(alternate post title: The Pringasm!)
WE'RE OFFICIALLY SNOWED IN!!
Record snowfalls blended with bone-chilling temps and wicked gusts of wind = pretty nasty way to start the year... :-o
We had to cave in and buy a snow-blower from Sears this morning (yay for phone shopping!), it's now gotten impossible to shovel that much crap from the mile-long driveway.
So yeah, more debt piled on... *cries*
The machine gets delivered Wednesday, in the meantime we'll have to deal with shovels and pray that our super-kind neighbor helps again - he came by this morning to clear our driveway with his snow-blower, how sweet is that? We're really blessed to be surrounded by such good souls, hope they like farm-fresh eggs LOL!
Anyways, it's all part of winter, as brutal as it is...
...not being able to open the deck door...
they can't even take a dump unless they bury their butts (I wish I had a photo of that)!
...snow blowing into the house when you try to leave...
maybe you'll notice how deep my legs are buried...
to trade with ours for the next 4 months? LOL!
Ah well... You have to fight back with hot tea and baking. Might make a pan of white fudge to use up that container of whipping cream... Definitely have to get going on the dog cookies as I have 3 batches to deliver this week (I sell treats, LOL) and the crock pot is simmering so we're all set, right?
Right.
/end of Who Wants A Truckload Of Snowballs? post/
14 comments:
and that, is why I will never move to the country, and want to move to a country where the entire of the said country is paralyzed by 1 cm of snow. Yep. Snow days. LOL!
ps Pringasm...HEH!
yep, we just got all that snow over christmas and had a white christmas for the first time in years! i grew up 11 miles from canada in a village called malone, ny.... so i am used to that deep white stuff! i love it. i love being snowed in, and warm n cozy indoors during a blizzard.
it does suck to have to dig yourselves out though.... be sure to take hot soaking baths after you come in to rest those achy muscles.
hot choc. helps, too.
maybe some fresh cookies...
oh. and a nice fireplace going..
my youngest sister is coming to visit from n. carolina. she's driving leaving later tonight! cant wait. we are practically twins personality wise....
i'll post pics i'm sure.
we will be making tortierre and crotons whilst she is here and also sucre a la creme blanc and ragout de boulettes...
last week i made homemade habitant pea soup- yummy! i found the recipe online. when we went to visit in montreal we always brought some cans back. along with other things yummy.
well, take care up dere!
lol
warm hugs
chris
I wouldn't want to trade with you but we have a snowblower currently going unused. Bought from Sears! Same as yours. ;)
Yey! That's my kinda weather. :) I don't mind the shoveling this year. After two years of intense snowstorms, I got used to it. Beats manual mowing in the bugs and 40C with the humidity, I say.
Makes me want to go snowboarding. The bad thing about living where I do is the good hills are closer to you than to me. :D
p.s. what's a snowfit? :D
but it's sooooo pretty! :0
you have more snow than we do.
can't wait for the drive to work tomorrow! WOO!
Myself, I quite like the four seasons but it's the exceptions that make it difficult!
C, I was supposed to make sucre à la crème today but got sidetracked by a migraine, LOL! Will make some tomorrow and post pics for you, mkay?
Skittles, no doubt ours will be used a LOT this winter and then collect dust for two years, isn't that how it usually goes? ha ha!
Prin, try to say "snow outfit" 10 times really fast! I'm just lazy :-D
Lola, did you just get yourself a big truck with chains on the tires? eeeeeeeeeehaaw!
I think the snow blower was a smart purchase. It will save you medical bills for bad back in the future. geesh. How is the chicken?!?!
I could not imagine. Really...just seeing the pictures makes me shiver with cold.
You can come to my house in Florida...but there will be NO trading. ...5dogs, 3 cats in one house..that shall be fun.
I hope YOU feel better...hugs, Suz
I'd be out there making snow angels all day long. Hope your chickies are doing okay out there! Do they breed special Canadian chickens that can withstand the freezing cold?
I'm fedexing you some warmth, asap!
Holy snow! That much snow would paralyze us where we live. Caught up on all the news . . . sounds like you had quite a lot going on. Glad to be back in the blogosphere, though. :o)
Surfergrrl, best purchase of the winter, I'll say! The bird, Sunshine, is still the same... not better but not worse :-/
Busy Bee, awe c'mon don't you want to build a giant snowman? LOL
Rebecca, actually yes there is one chicken breed that is native to Canada, it's called the Chantecler - I will be hatching some this spring!
Kathryn, yup it's been a crazy past few weeks... but aren't they always? LOL! Glad you're back, too!
I would love to have some of that snow! We have none :O All the snow we had is melted and temps have been too warm to snow lately...:(
I will pray for an early Spring!
Post a Comment