Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dick flicks, pet peeves and other random thoughts

Finally got around to watching "I Love You, Man" last night and it was OK, not the greatest film but it had its cute moments - what struck me (and will no doubt stick with me for a long time) was that I'd never seen a dick flick before (man's response to the chick flick, obviously - get yer heads out of the gutters!).

Usually guy movies are testosterone-laden, loud obnoxious affairs so this one came as a bit of a surprise.

Anyone else seen it and know what I mean?

*pauses to admire Vegas being a man, ie playing xbox soccer*

One of my pet peeves is to never have understood the term. There are no pets involved, why is it called a pet peeve anyways? I don't get it. It makes me feel dumb and that, my friend, is a major pet peeve.

Roar.

More of these, in no particular order:
  • Losing socks in the laundry process.
  • Being stuck with the last three drops of milk and having to change the bag.
  • Getting chicken poop on my gloves and only noticing it after I've wiped my nose (laugh, and you shall die).
  • Stale cereal a week after the box has been opened. 
  • A snag or a stain on my new, favorite sweater.
  • Dry, limp, frizzy winter "hat hair".
  • Getting TWO bags of flyers in the mailbox every damn week - wtf, dudes!
  • My favorite hair product never, ever being on sale.
I'm sure you can add a few to this list?

Um, it's late and I'm rambling and I have to get to bed soon, long day tomorrow... The next couple of weeks should be interesting as Vegas isn't here and I won't know what to do with myself. Sniff.

Visitors welcome - hint, hint!

PS: Have you cast your votes on the poll yet? Multi-choice, so GO!


/end of Is It Really Another Monday? post/

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

I'd visit. But you're soooo far away. :o(

LOL to the pet peeve thing. But I hear what you're saying. Oy, I am sure I could add quite a few to the list today but don't want to start ranting. So I'll just add this one - people who drive below 60 mph in the LEFT hand lane. No good, peeps.

Can't believe it's Monday already. Where'd the weekend go? At least it was a productive one - dumplings were made and delicious!

Happy Monday, A!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Stop over for a talk anytime. I need to see it again, I do remember liking it. So is pet peeve like a doggy bag? I do get mad when my husband does laundry and never, ever empties the lint!

tonyadesigns@mac.com said...

OMG the poop thing is gross! Yeah, i have no idea where that term comes from either. I guess I can google it but I'm feeling lazy. :)

Technodoll said...

Busy Bee, you can buy milk in cartons or in plastic bags, which are more economical and make less waste to recycle - gotta love that! Open mouth chewers, YUCK! And people who wipe their greasy hands on their pants... DOUBLEYUCK!

Kathryn, I'll have to come visit you someday, eh? And I don't know where time is flying to, only that it is. I guess that could be another pet peeve!

Just Breathe, ooooo the magic lint trap that only women know how to empty, LOL!

Tonya, yep you said it: very, very gross. Not something you do twice in a row, LOL!

Stephanie said...

OH I can add to this...
Putting dishes on top of the dirty counter instead on IN the dishwasher.
"Forgetting" to put a new roll of toilet paper on when you use the last square!
Grrrr

Technodoll said...

Oh, those two are classic and I think they only happen if you live with a MAN! ha ha!