I finally got my camera back!! Wooo!! It took Nikon over 5 weeks to clean and recalibrate my D40x but what the hell, the long wait is over now :)
Only... What's next?
I have no studio here and no equipment to do interior photography, nevermind the lacking skills (which will get better thanks to Vegas' awesome Christmas gift of "how-to" photo books, if only I can get my ass in gear and read them). Forget about outside photography until the snow is gone and the sun comes out, it's beyond crappy outside.
So, how do I earn money with photography?
*stumped*
(long pause for running errands, unpacking, inhaling a bowl of cereal, doing an unscheduled flock treatment that killed my lungs, OH the joy of surprises)
I have a headache.
Now time to finish some laundry, make a loaf of bread, give the dogs their walk and start the veggie stew for dinner. All I want to do is crunch some painkillers, have a coffee and sleep... No matter how I do the math, the two situations just don't add up!
Stupid house evaluator hasn't delivered our file after 5 long weeks. It was due today. I called this morning, they said the guy was out and would call back. Still waiting.
I'm pissed and calling them again, they're going get a piece of my mind.
The bitchy one.
/end of Happy Friday, Be Good, But Not That Good! post/
9 comments:
"So, how do I earn money with photography?"
n00dz.
I hate it when you have to wait on other folks to make plans. **dang evaluator**
Yay for the camera. and how to books? Get reading!!!!
I have a few people that I follow who have started their own business. They set up a blog page showing pictures they have taken.
I imagine they put ads in the paper. One girl I know opened a shop on Etsy and sells her photos.
She doesn't do people.
Tommorrow is a fresh day
Ug. Waiting stinks! Perhaps your evaluator will arrive tomorrow....along with the sun.
I find if I just do SOMETHING, ANYTHING that moves me in the direction I need to be going in, than it's a step in the right direction. Even if that something is teeny tiny small.
You take such beautiful pictures, I thought you were an expert already! I'm surprised by this news that you think you need to learn more skills to take photos.
So, that means they are going to be AMAZING! Because you are already very talented, in my eyes.
I think this journey will be so fun for you!
Frank, are you volunteering to be my muse?
Busy Bee, the evaluator got back in touch after I phoned twice, grrr. But the news was very good so I am pleased :)
Just Breathe, I have a website all set up, email me if you want the link :)
Ottavia, yes it is. I love fresh days!
ModernMom, no sun in sight but the unusually mild weather is a great tradeoff, I'll take it!
Surfergrrl, the days are just flying by!! We're baby-stepping every day, it's just me being impatient. Oooops.
Rebecca, I should hire you as my booster coach and cheerleader!! Thank you!! But I'm just a novice and have a looong way to go... gotta start somewhere, right?
Build an indoor studio. :D You just need a backdrop and some lights to start.
Post a Comment