I had a dream last night, where Sunshine was eating up his warm oatmeal and telling me he was going to be all right, if I only fought for him more.
What's a momma to do?!
It's New Year's weekend, everything is closed.
I placed a call at the farm vet that gave me the antibiotics for Antoinette last time, the dispatcher said she would page the vet on call - riiight, last time I called for such a consult, I never received any call-back at all.
The phone rang 10 minutes later.
The vet was nice, he listened, he said he was in the clinic just passing by to get something (as they were closed) but would wait for me if I could come right away, there was one other antibiotic that might help flush out the bronchitis.
Is there such a thing as a miracle?
One hour later I'm back with the meds, if these don't work there is one other we can try in a week, he had none in stock but would place an order for me.
I can't give up, I just can't.
My mother always said I had a head full of bricks...
/end of Please Wish Us Luck post/
12 comments:
Yey!
Yahoo. And, I would do the same thing honestly.... :)
yeh, all fingers, toes and paws crossed here for you and Mr Sunshine. CAN'T GIVE UP NOW!
I somehow didn't see your other post about possibly putting him to sleep. I hope this works! poor thing. :(
Better than my dream where mice were stealing your underwear and putting them in neatly folded piles in a little mouse hut.
I hope this helps..for all of you. Bless that Vet for calling you back and waiting for you.
Now, if he does not get better...you KNOW you went and did all that you could. Right?
take care,
Suz
Prin, I'm afraid to hope for too much now but... *crossing fingers*
Myself, you're stubborn too? LOL!
Jmom, no I can't - it's against my nature, I suppose :-/
Surfergrrl, if he's willing to drink the meds then I'm willing to wait and see if they work...
Vegas, I'm afraid to analyze that! ha ha!
Busy Bee, yes - one last shot and that's it (this new med and then another one next week as a very last resort). I am so surprised I got anyone to help me - it's a freaking miracle.
aww...good! keeping everything crossed!
Sounds to me like maybe Sunshine has a guardian angel :)
tis the season for miracles, honey... you have done and are doing your best. animals KNOW when they are loved. they KNOW. he knows. lets pray the meds help.
thinking of you and your tender heart...
now, about the underwear stealin mice.....
c
Lola, thanks! need all the good joojoo we can get...
JeanMarie, or two or three! Sigh. I hope I'm not being overly optimistic.
C, he better know he is loved! LOL
That vet is awesome! So are you! So glad there are those willing to go the distance for sweet creatures.
Keeping my fingers crossed for Sunshine.
Post a Comment