Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ramblings

It's amazing what one little pill can do to make life bearable again.

Haaa, not that kind of pill - just one that finally eased the stomach cramps so that I could eat a bit and keep the food long enough in my body to get some kind of nutrition. Seriously. I lost 3 pounds in 3 days thanks to some kind of random bug - if I want to lose weight I'll go on a freaking diet, now give me my life back!

*shakes fist at gastros*

Sitting in the clinic's waiting room yesterday did give me a good opportunity to people-watch.

Among the old grey souls and snuffling kids sat a young man with Down's Syndrome, drool flowing down his chin as he thumbed through a magazine, a few seats over you had "the" red-neck family outfitted in cheap stained clothes entertaining everyone with their all-important talk about which color wine was better (red's better for your heart! well white you can drink in the afternoon, red you need food, bla bla bla), while the fat clueless teenage daughter with "working girl" blue eye shadow worked furiously at her Nintendo DS.

I don't think any of them had seen shampoo in ages.

So, so sad.

Hey, I managed to get a load of laundry done today! Woo! Biggest accomplishment in days! Must take baby steps though, can't go too fast and get ill again.

I've just discovered a new tea and it is fabulous: a fair-trade chocolate spice by Four O'Clock, it's like sex in a cup! Best tea I've had in ages.

Hey, I did name this post "ramblings", you were warned.

Yesterday, Big Bertha arrived! She was all assembled and ready to go, so here she is with Vegas showing off her skillz - yes, she gives a great blow-job and no, I'm not jealous :-D
Go Bertha, go!

Too bad it snowed so much overnight that everything needs to be redone again. Sigh. Did I mention most snow since 1951?? Well let me mention it again cuz I'm sure that now we're going back another half-century, just for good measure.

This mess is a place.

I really need to dust, hoover, scrub and tidy up.

Crap.

I've started Sunshine and Rosie, my two with bronchitis, on a new med today and it better work because there is nothing else after that. $53 for a bottle of powder, how's that for being a crazy chicken mama. Sigh. I do love them so.

Right, time to check on the laundry and let the dogs out in the park, I have a ginger meathead just sitting there and drilling holes in the back of my head with his eyes. Ow.

/end of Really Really Ramblings post/

7 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad your better. I've been down for over a week. Today I will do some light housework and tackle Christmas next week! Like the blower, happy for you. Hope your babies get well soon. I went to the ER last Sunday and doctor on Monday and had to keep telling my husband not to touch his face and stop reading the magazines. Keep hands folded in lap and use your sanitizer!!!!

Curly said...

Tell Vegas I like his hat :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

I need your bug...3lbs would be nice. :)
Sorry you were sick...hope you stay well for a looonnnggg time.
Waiting rooms are always interesting, but don't you feel like wearing a plastic suit, face mask and try hard NOT to breathe in all the germs??
Bertha? :O so cute.

prin said...

Yey for being alive! :)

And you're wayyyy judgier a people watcher than me. LOL!

Tonya said...

that sucks about the stomach flu. I fear it every year! Glad to hear you finally got the snow blower though! love the name! :)

Rebecca Foster said...

Oooh I can relate to how awful gastro problems are. So awful!! Glad you are feeling better...hooray for meds.

Oh my, that is sooo much snow! Big Bertha is going to get quite the workout-- glad you have her now.

I love ramblings, it's like a long conversation with a friend over coffee. I'll have to find that tea when I am back in the West. Sounds yummy!

Kathryn said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better! gastros are NO fun. I have been a victim of those viruses and landed in the ER each time. Pfft.

Bertha . . . you're funny. I don't think I've ever known anyone to name their snowblower.

Happy Friday. I'm so glad it's the weekend!