Friday, January 29, 2010

And so it starts!

Yesterday was a mad dash to coordinate the cleaning and staging of 4,200 sqf of house for the real-estate photographer - not a big deal unless there are three sheddy, slobby dogs in the house that leave drool and footprints everywhere...

So yeah, it got done and it turned out pretty OK, the ad is now online and the "for sale" sign is on the front yard - it's official and there is no turning back!

Speaking of back, we needed a bit of staging in the big naked master bedroom so as I reached to get the plant on the back ledge of the corner tub I stretched a bit too much and Oh! Snap! something tore in my upper back. Awesome. Just turned 40 and so it starts. Wonder what I have to look forwards to when I turn 50?!

The evening was pretty agonizing, I had to take one of Vegas' prescription muscle relaxants to get through the night so now I'm both stoned off my rack AND still in pain - the string of cause and effect to all of this is that I have to miss my birthday dinner in the city with long-lost friends tonight, hubby had planned it a long time ago and oh, it just breaks my heart :(

If anyone's reading this, I'm so sorry!! I really, really wanted to spend some time with you guys tonight, eating sushi and not talking about chickens!

*cries*

Shitty day, stuck going braindead on the couch, watching TV and trying not to breathe too deeply (ow). No bonbons in the house and -31C outside with the windchill (that's -24F for you Americans) - woo!

I need to go chip the ice out of the water bowls in the coop again after putting on three layers of clothing, lord hep meh. The poor flock doesn't understand why they can't get out to dust bathe today, they're not a happy bunch... To top it all off there were only six eggs this morning, one of which was cracked, one broken because fat-ass Pepper keeps trying to go broody so there was messy egg yolk all over the nest, and one silkie egg too small to sell. Grrr.

There are good days, there are bad days, and there are days like this: sunny, on the cusp of the weekend and this self-imposed rest day is quite the novelty so I will try to make the best of it. Yey for HGTV! lol

This post turned into a rant, sorry about that.

I send you lots of sunshine and if you take a bit of the siberian cold with that, you're a hero in my book! Happy Friday, peeps.

/end of Steady, Easy Does It post/

9 comments:

Kathryn said...

Ok, you seriously need a day to just relax, my dear!! Just a fluke to starting out your 40s that you pull something. Enjoy the day RELAXING and recuperating. *sends bons bons*

Tonya said...

wow it's all official and stuff, eh? sorry to hear about your back. back pain is the worst! no matter what you do you can't get comfortable. Hope it feels better soon! I'll keep my fingers crossed you get a good deal on the house.

prin said...

I say go out anyway. Everybody likes a high birthday girl. :D

And no, it's not a 40 thing. It's a bathtub thing. Those things are made for injuries.

Feel better, you. And yey for rest. ;)

Curly said...

You just get better soon :(

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Ouch! ((HUGS))

Busy Bee Suz said...

I can't believe you hurt your back. I hate that you are missing your party/dinner...can you reschedule for next weekend??
I am a little happy to see someone else who cleans their own ginormous house...fun huh?
Too bad you can't take the bad eggs, mix them with some vodka and make a nice pain med for yourself.
HUGS...hope tomorrow is better for you.
Suz

C said...

awww i am SO sorry to hear about the muscle you pulled. i know how that hurts. take a few days to jut rest and pamper yourself so you can heal alternate ice then heat on it.. and take your ibuprofen to decrease inflammation.

scoot over, i'm bringin you some hot chai tea, freshly made bisquits avec beaucoup des bon-bons pour vous, des petite milles feullies, beaucoup de chocolate puis des petite cadeaux pour te fais sourrie!

ha i know the spelling is off but i hope you understand!

think of your next home and fantasize about decorating it fresh again, and looking forward to a new fresh start... i love those... you WILL find your forever home, its out there waiting for you n vegas to find it.

i have back probs occaisionally as well and it sucks..

hugs,

c

Technodoll said...

Kathryn, I know it's a fluke - just frustrated at the machinerie sometimes, LOL!

Surfergrrl, fingers AND toes crossed please! we're in that bracket where few people want to pay this much for a property... *gulp*

Prin, I couldn't get my butt to the city, no transportation so no dinner... and man, I swear my eyes were crossed all flippin' day! No more meds pour moi, non non!

Curly, I am trying! Walking like a grannie and being careful, taking advil and rubbing on the tiger balm. Oye!

Just Breathe, thanks!

Busy Bee, I think I'm slowly on the mend, thanks! Hubby rescheduled the dinner so am crossing fingers it happens... I miss my friends :(

C, I am both delighted and impressed at your French, wow! I didn't know you spoke so well. Now c'mon over and have some of that tea, will you? :)

said...

Seriously what is it about turning 40?! I'm falling apart! lol