Monday, January 18, 2010

Starting the week with appreciation :)

Mondays are always hard thanks to the law of inertia bundled with heavy grey weather... I can't seem to get going this morning, hope the caffeine makes its way through my system soon cuz I have a ton of things to do!

I'm so very grateful for this lifestyle though, you've no idea.

I feel like I am finally living, as opposed to just existing. I go to bed happy at night from a wonderful day, not stressed and anxious about the next morning - how awesome is that?
When I look around I see a LOT of things to be grateful for...
Mainly my gorgeous husband, my rock, my best friend and inspiration
(even if I want to punch him in the arm sometimes but oh, he makes me laugh):

Cake, always have to be grateful for cake!

A coop full of happy, healthy birds that gift us with perfect eggs every day:

The best alarm system a steak can buy:

Watching pure joy on a sunny winter day:

Observing silliness that comes in all forms, furs and teethies:

...and a gratuitous shot of pseudo-serious doggies waiting for their daddy:

OK the mojo's back, I've got lots of cleaning and tidying up on my list for today and then some painting for the rest of the week. The house should be up for sale next week, neat and presentable - aaaaaaaaaaaah! Scary mary!

PS: new poll is up, go cast yer votes ;-)

/end of Happy Monday, Peeps! post/


14 comments:

Roshan said...

Great pics. I think snow is always a great backdrop. Love ur dogs.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Hooray for you. Great reasons to be happy.

Vegas said...

I'm glad I'm the first photo :D Hooray for cakes, dogs and chickens (and wife!)

prin said...

If Monday makes you post pictures, I'll start to like Mondays. :D

Tonya said...

great pics! that chocolate cakes looks delicious!

BTW, I hope people are joking when they say their life is a tragedy. The fact that someone is alive to even say their life is a tragedy, means it's NOT a tragedy. I feel sorry for people who think their life means nothing. Sorry and kind of angry, because there are a lot of people who aren't alive today, who would gladly trade places with them. Man that bugs me.

Curly said...

Nice hat, Vegas :)

Gimme some cake.

Technodoll said...

Roshan, I prefer grass but I don't really have a choice... LOL!

Just Breathe, there are always reasons if one looks ;-)

Vegas, you put "wife" last - merrr!

Prin, I can totally do that for you. Totes.

Surfergrrl, the cake is soooo good! Yey Betty Crocker! As for the poll, it was tongue in cheek... aka a trip to the video store. I hope people took it that way :-o

Curly, shall I mail it to you squished in a box? he he

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

What a wonderful pictoral of things to be grateful for. Great Monday outlook!

Busy Bee Suz said...

What a sweet, happy and wonderful post. I love it.
You take the most amazing photos and make me want to hide mine. :)

Ok, Vegas he looks like someone...some actor. Who is it??? Do you know? I do.

Stephanie said...

What a bright and sunny post! Thanks for the smile:)

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

I'm so glad you stopped by my blog, so I could pop over here and find you. Love your chickens! I raised turkeys once, and I enjoyed them. I want to get some more. Lovely blog, lovely husband and doggies. Lovely life.

Piper said...

oh how I love silly puppies!

Technodoll said...

Daring, sometimes being positive is all that you've got left!

Busy Bee, I don't see that Vegas looks like anyone else but himself... who's the actor you're thinking of??? ps: LOVE your pics, silly girl! pfft!

ModernMom, lord knows we need all the sunshine we can get, eh?

Jayme, so happy we found each other! Yey chicken peeps unite!

Piper, don't you know it ;-)

Rebecca Foster said...

Love all the pictures, what a beautiful life you have. Thanks for sharing it with us!