Funny, it's my last day of "being in my 30's" and the windstorm is keeping my mind off any troubles besides "OMG is that tree going to snap and take down the power lines? Was that a roof shingle? Will the old roof on the chicken coop hold? OMG look at all those broken bits of tree flying across the lawn!"
You get the idea.
January 25th, 2009: 14C (57F) with a raging sky battling clouds against sun. I've never seen anything like it, this is nuts.
I just pray that nothing will happen when Vegas is gone cuz little old me will be stuck all alone in this huge place with no way to shovel any big amounts of snow or lift broken trees out of shattered windows. Yeah, hubby has to travel for most of February and a huge chunk of March - sucks, but in a way it's good to break the routine once in a while.
Who wants to come visit me? :-D
So yeah, tomorrow is the big 4-0. I think I'm getting over the night terrors, it's just another day on the calendar right? I don't feel any different, still bugged by the same old aches and pains, still wearing the same old clothes and smelly farm boots. *shrug*
Lookie what I got this morning! I thought to try and grow alfalfa sprouts for the flock since greens cost a fortune this time of year, I remember my mom growing them in jars when we were little (blecch, sprouts taste like soap) and that inspired me to give it a go. It took 5 days:
I'm starting another batch tonight so that I have some on hand pretty much all the time until spring, when they can free-range again. I'll also try to grow some wheat-grass for the heck of it.
So. We get to this bit:
10 things I wanted to accomplish before turning 40 (in no particular order) and that I am proud to say are DONE!
Buy my first house
Quit the rat race and find a job I loved
Start my own business
Move out of the city
Not get pregnant
Travel some more and smell the sea
Discover new hobbies and passions
Learn to love who I am
Buy a bread machine
Make new friends and disengage from emotional drains
5 awesome, unexpected things that happened (in no particular order):
Fell in love for real and got married to the best man evar!
Got a third doggy, aka "meathead"
Became a stepmom as well as an auntie
Found inner strength I didn't know I had
Fell into a life more wonderful than I had ever imagined possible
Weather update:
The sun is gone and has been replaced by torrential rains slapping against the house, ripping shingles off the roof (we went out and checked) - we nearly lost a one of the barn doors, good thing Vegas saw that in the nick of time, we secured it with giant rocks and hope it'll hold until this crazy storm passes. The giant rabbit hutch that was buried in the snow yesterday got flipped upside down and blown across the yard. Holy shit. So dark and scary, I can only imagine what a monsoon must feel like :-o
/end of What's With The Insanity! post/

12 comments:
Wow, the weather doesn't sound good at all. Stay safe.
I am out allot on Tuesday so I want to make sure I wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a beautiful day.
You have accomplished so many things. Hooray!
Congrats on the not getting pregnant :-D
Alfala sprouts? Sweet. Well, soapy sweet.
I was stressed BEFORE my 40th, but afterwards, no biggie. I love that you have accomplished so many personal goals. I personally laughed at NOT getting Pregnant. So funny.
I hope the storm passes,and your home stays intact!!!!
So, what is on the agenda for tomorrow???? ParTAy??? What time?
Hey, I know it's a day early for bd wishes so HAPPY LAST DAY BEING 39!!!! Or as my dh, raymond would point out, the last day of your your 40th year!
And, btw, I want to come visit : )
I love that list! It gives me hope my own list of goals, and unexpecteds, will also turn out so well. You are an inspiration!
I love sprouts, mmmm. But definitely not as a kid. I remember telling my mom she should just go open up the lawn mower bag and dump it out on my salad. Ha, I was kind of a smart ass. Good thing I am not like that anymore....haha.
Happy Birthday!!!
a) I love this weather. It's so warm!
b) Meeeeeeee. I do! I do!
c) Just call me if something happens. I'm a handigirl. I might not be pretty, but I can figure out how to do stuff I ain't never done before.
d) Aw. I'm glad being my stepmom falls under your "awesome" list.
e) I'll like you better tomorrow than I did yesterday. Promise. :D
WELL AGAIN, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TD!
I did not know you could grow sprouts like that. Cool!
And I am so proud of your accomplishments...makes me smile!
i lerve me some weather like that! i know, i know, i'm sick but at least i admit it!
diane and i will look out for tornados when we have bad weather! love watching the dark clouds come in...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TO YOU!
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MON AMIEEEEEEEEEEE.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
remember what i told ya....
40 is the new 20.
you are still YOU.
love and hugs to you this special day, sweetie!
chris
ps
i have a lil gift for you on my blog page....
Visit you? ME!!!! It would be a cooking/baking EXTRAVAGANZA!
Have an incredibly wonderful b-day today. It will continue to get better. :o)
Why isn't "turn into a crazy chicken lady" on that list? ;)
Just Breathe, thank you!! It's been a heckuva decade and I don't expect any different for the next one, but that's a good thing ;-)
Curly, ha ha! I knew you'd get that one! :-D
Busy Bee, we picked up a handful of roof shingles strewn across the lawn but were lucky that no trees snapped in two, some of our neighbors weren't so lucky :-o
JeanMarie, oh would you, could you?? come have tea and get some eggs, meet the doggies!
Rebecca, that made me LOL - lawn clippings, indeed :-D I had a salad today and guess what they topped it with. Yep. *gross*
Prin, it's gotten cold again and the snow is coming down something fierce right now. Hope you're handy with a snow blower cuz I'm so gonna call :-D
Daring, I never thought the sprouts would go crazy on me like that, it's amazing! LOL! Another thing accomplished, yep!
C, you always plaster a smile on my face! Your blog post ROCKED!! Thanks soooo much, sweetie! I guess 40 is ok... ha ha!
Kathryn, quit tempting me. Quit it! I see the pics you post on FB of cookies... *drool*
Frank, it is! Only disguised as "new hobbies" - teehee.
Post a Comment