I sometimes think my brain's developing holes, tiny vortexes where all common sense flies out the window when I'm not looking.
Is this aging, or I am just "special"?!
-This morning, I wrote a list of meals for the week on the fridge's whiteboard and only noticed later that I had written quiche "quish".
-I'll put a pot of whatever to cook on the stove and if I'm not standing right next to it the whole time, I'll forget it's there and everything will boil over into a giant mess on the stove top. Every. Single. Freaking. Time.
-I've been known to leave a load of clean, wet laundry in the washing machine for days.
-Leftovers as well as a large amount of fresh produce will rot in the fridge as I forget we even have the stuff.
-Did I take my birth control pill or not last night? Dang! Not again! You'd think I'd have the routine down pat after a couple of decades...
-Gosh, I really should empty those garbage bins that are in the stable... Every week I remind myself to do it on trash day and every week, I forget.
-etc, etc, etc, etc... etc.
Don't laugh, I have legit cause for concern... Ever since I was little, my maternal grandmother would always laugh and say "oh it's alzheimer's!" when she forgot or misplaced something. I used to think it was cute until we realized she really was going senile. She barely remembers how to butter her toast now and has completely lost her short-term memory.
It's scary.
/end of Eat Your Fish! post/
6 comments:
me... me... me... me... also me... me... me, me.... me...
whatevs. :D
I set the timer all the time when I cook now. All the time. :D
I do a lot of that too....we are just a bit scattered because we do so much stuff. Right?
yeah i agree with suz, it's ONLY because we do so much that we get frazzled....
i do these things too. i cant wait for you to get big daddy. i do believe animals choose us. our doggie bella chose me when i sat in her cage at the humane society. she put her head on my shoulder and leaned against me... awwww
bless the beasts and the children.
cant wait until tommorow!!!! x
busy life.
being creative.
being over...uh...25...*wink*
these are excuses i use.
forgetting what to do is not scary.
forgetting HOW is.
relax, you're human.
I just read something the other day about things that help to keep Alzheimers away but I can't remember where!
How old is your grandmother?
Post a Comment