Like, I don't mind an "extreme hot and muggy" day or two here and there throughout the summer but for days and weeks on end? Christ! This isn't India, we (and our housing) are not equipped to endure such sweltering hell!
We're living in an oven dialed to "broil".
Things we can't do this week:
- Walk the dogs or play outside
- Garden or mow the lawn
- Enjoy a good book in the shade
- Wear the same clothes for longer than 2 hours
- Wear makeup or have any kind of hairstyle
- Do any housework or laundry
- Drink hot tea or take bubble baths
- Have a BBQ or any warm food
- Endure heat-induced and-sleep deprivation headaches
- Take cold showers five times a day
- Drink liquids until we look and feel like beached whales
- Bitch and moan about being hot
- Sweat buckets
- Spend the day hosing down the chicken coops
- Pray no chickens die of heat stroke
- Look and feel like shit
- Gaze longingly at photos of snow
And yes I had my coffee.
I am never, ever moving to a tropical country, screw that!
PS: remember to vote on the new poll and check out the latest dramah in The Chicken Diaries!
/end of I Want To Die post/