You, yes you :-)
At least Vegas and I can look back on the week and smile when looking at two of our colleagues posing with Vanilla Ice at our corporate party at LA's Club 740 last Tuesday:
Isn't it just fabulous? I wish I hadn't been too damn star-struck when I went to shake his hand, would have loved a pic too... ah well. My photographic memory will have to do.The dogs are fine, had to give the little one a bath this afternoon as she smelled like fish with athlete's foot - now she's super fluffy and curled up in her clean bed, snoring away. Guess she had a hard week... all that playing and stuff. Hah.
As for Melonhead, he suffered a setback with his leg (too much exercise while we were away) so I had to get him yet another round of anti-inflammatories. He's gonna hate the next week of super short potty breaks... poor beanie. He freaked out this morning when we went to get Maika and he was left behind. It's so not fair and I absolutely hate doing this to him. I just hope he will forgive me some day. Eight more days...
*sigh*
In other news, I have a terrible boil on my hip that surged up two days after landing in LA, so had to endure that pain during the whole trip. Ow. Ow. Ow. Motherfrick.
Went to the clinic this morning and got told there was nothing they could do unless it got super bad, then "go to the emergency room". WTF? Got a prescription for antibiotics and had a meltdown when I saw the monster horsepills from hell, to be taken every 6 hours for 10 days... Um, no fucking way. Maybe if they weren't toxic orange and black like an advert for nuclear weapons? Um, still no fucking way. I chucked them in the cupboard and there they will stay, the bastids.
I was soooo angry... On top of everything else, why this shit? Why now? We leave for vacation in a week and I have a lava-filled golf ball on my hip that throbs like a bitch and if the infection goes inwards instead of outwards, I could end up on IV fluids in the ER.
Awesome.
Anyways, am putting hot diluted-bleach and salt water compresses on it often and we'll see what happens in a couple of days. If not better by Wednesday, it's back to the clinic I go to waste more taxpayer money and my precious daytime hours.
Crock o'bollocks, eh?
Tomorrow's intention is to take is easy, put a couple of chickens in the crock pot and let that be dinner. Do basic laundry, get food for the kids. Walk in the field, get some much-needed exercise and "fresh" air, thunderstorms permitting. We also need a new toaster oven, the old one sputtered and died just before our trip and I really need my daily toast. With peanut butter. Amen.
I haven't touched my camera in weeks... sad state of affairs, which I plan to reverse the minute we're in our cottage by the sea.
Just gotta hang in till then. Just gotta.
/end of Wow That Was Alot Of Rambling post/
15 comments:
We haven't had thunder in a few days now. :)
Sucks about his leg getting irritated. :(
As for clinic antibiotics, don't do it. Walk in clinics tend to prescribe some pretty terrible ones. If those start with a B, I know which ones they are, and I was put on them for bronchitis once by a clinic and my gyno nearly died when I told her what I had been put on. "Get off those now!" So yeah. Be careful what you get prescribed by those assembly line doctors.
Why does Vanilla shave his arm pits?
The best thing is, this was the doctor's first day in the clinic, she was about 25 years old I'd say. Had to consult 3 books to make sure to prescribe the right pills.
I'm still not convinced, they look like they would give me cancer.
*shudder*
Oh and hairy pits are so passé - all the hot guys trim these days :-D
Sounds like you need that vacation more than anything! :(
Poor sistahood. ((hugs))
Well you be back, thankfully!
Sorry you have to deal with the beautiful health care system (that would be the one in which I had to wait 6 months to see a GP, with sky high blood pressure, and that was GOOD!). Horse pills *snort*.
Poor Melonhead :(. It'll do him good regardless of what he thinks.
Oh, and nice poll. Geez. Way to make me look bad for wasting so much money on shoes.
Hey, I can't blog about it because too many people read my blog and I'll get into trouble, but yesterday, in the "forbidden store" I found a $325 pair of yummy shoes for $129. YEY! I wore them all afternoon in the house watching the Olympics. :D
A boil? And she didn't lance it?
Oh sheesh.
Yeah the compresses and such are the way to go to bring it to a head. But you likely do need antibiotics. :(
Hope you're relaxing some!
Curly, am counting down the HOURS! ha ha!
Myself, yeah... part of being a mom is acting like one at times, as hard as it is. Hrmph.
Prin, wanna see the shoes. Now. Please :-D
PrincessB, nothing to lance as of yet... hence the hot compresses. Yeeesh. Why can't bodies just behave?!
I don't understand why you would absolutely not want to be in LA all the damn time. THe smog is good for my lungs, I swear!! Ugh, I love LA so much. Cries.
Sent! ;)
Elaine, I'll bet you look so hot with a gas mask on :-D
Prin, I gots it! WOOOOOO! hubba hubba!
Glad to have you back!!!
Dang girlie......you sooooo need a vacay :)
Elisabeth, sooo happy to be home!!
WW, yes yes - six days! six days!! woooo!
Ouch! I've never seen a boil (outside of fairytale books) but it sounds painful. Surely I hope it goes away soon!
It's still there, as painful as ever. grrrr. more hot compresses and gritting the teeth...
Post a Comment