Monday, August 18, 2008

Finances! Bleh!

Anybody else here strapped by the "F" word and wishing day and night for a windfall of sorts, an inheritance, a lottery winning, a tipped-over bank truck to pillage?

Sigh. What's the use of a budget when so many things happen that need paying up but were never budgeted for?

Like today.

Ginormous thunderstorm and pissing rain as we walked home after work, huddled under Vegas' umbrella. Cuz of course I lost my awesome new pink one, I'm so mad! Why do I bother getting nice things if I lose or break them all the time? I'm too young for alzheimer's, this is ridiculous. First my wallet, then my mind. Good gawd!

I'll be paying that 5K vet bill for ages :-(

*scrubs mind of nasty things*

I had a really good day at work, positive and productive. Just a few more of those under my belt before we leave for vacation and I'll feel as if I've earned it. Yeah.

*infuses mind with flowery things*

Random reasons why I love Vegas:

His generous, giving soul who is always ready to lend a hand, pitch in, do what it takes to get things done.

The way he never lets me carry any heavy things.

The way he will randomly pop into my office to kiss my neck when no-one is watching.

The twinkle in his eyes when we both think of the same thing, at the same time, without ever saying a word.

The way he loves the doggies and cares for them as if they had always been his own.

The way we can discuss things and even if we don't agree, we listen and try to see each other's points of view in a new light.

The way he smells... of clean summer breeze, of man, of sweet honeyed dew. I want to drink him in.

Was that too mooshy? Yeah? Too bad. He he.

My goodness did it ever rain tonight, for a good 3 hours straight - I hope that was the last storm for a bit, we need nice weather now. Joo-joo, please... vacation weather joo-joo. Send it here! Over here! Yes! Yes! Yes!

OK. I need to go shave my legs now and have some Captain Morgan Spiced Rhum. All in a good day's work!

/end of I Know I Talk Too Much post/

14 comments:

myself said...

Yeah that was some rain wasn't it? But I am TIRED of the humidity. In fact, I'm going to soon lose it.

Money. Bleh. Going there is futile.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I am stable enough to have 3 rainy days in a row. I would lose it! At least here in DC the weather has been quite incredible for this time of year. And finances...don't even get me started. People keep telling me it's going to get better so I guess I'll say the same to you.

Hey do you have a facebook account? If so email me at hlewis1218@gmail.com. If not you can email me anyway. :)

Frank said...

I'm always strapped for cash and wish for a big winfall every morning. But that never happens and I end up eating ramen for dinner and digging around the sofa for quarters so I can go to the vending machine.

Anonymous said...

I need a windfall for my expensive vet bill as well. Ugh.

Ah well. It's only money. Who needs it when you have amore? :)

Technodoll said...

Myself, the rest of the week looks bearable... I think! Please lordy jeebus, no more rain!

Girl1218, I will email you :-)

Frank, awe... maybe you need a 3rd job? Ramen is nasty but at least it's loaded with enough fat and calories to keep you going for a while. Yum!

PrincessB, I'll take both the moolah and the amore, please!

Anonymous said...

Cash? What's that then!? My poor bank manager must loathe me...

prin said...

Well, maybe if you didn't buy $300 shoes... Oh. Wait. That's not you. :D

Yeah, I've given up on the budget. The budget has no room for food.

I liked the rain last night. It was all rumbly and stormy. Awesome. :)

Nice list. :)

Technodoll said...

Elisabeth, they all hate us! LOL

Prin, yes it was nice but I would have liked it better if I hadn't had to walk in it for 20 minutes without an umbrella... squish squish squish shoes. Nice!

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

I think we all die owing someone somthing - so spending it all like its water...quality of life is most important right? (As I sit thousands of dollars in debt)...its truly about quality of life. Because when you are old...do you really rememeber you bills?

Curly said...

what happened to the pink umbrella?

Vegas said...

she found it! we can afford bread and milk now ;)

Curly said...

Yey! You should even splurge and buy fresh bread!!

By the way, that list was completely mooshy. But you demooshtified it by announcing the shaving of the legs.

KA said...

Hey, life is always better with a Vegas-like person around, no?

As for the money thing, don't worry. Money problems will iron themselves out... at least I like to think so. You can always make the money thing work if you really really want to. You just gotta see passed the next bill cycle and look a little further into the horizon.

Piper said...

I feel the same way about finances right now. Trying to find a car on a budget and not wanting payments out the roof are making me have emotional break downs. I think I counted about 3 today. I am glad to hear your melon head is getting better and at least you have vegas by your side. Hope the weather gets better over there for you, we were suppose to have a hurricane come through today but it just missed us, but at least I got out of school!