Thursday, August 14, 2008

ICE ICE BABY!!

Woooo! LA is fucking rough, man... I think I've gotten about 36 minutes of fresh air since landing Saturday night. And that is being generous.

The nightmares of being stuck in a windowless, airless hotel basement room with beige walls is, unfortunately, all too real. My eyes look like dried cranberries. The sight of a colorful pair of shoes hurts my eyes. All this after a 13-hour journey to get here, sans luggage of course, courtesy of United Airlines. Yeah. Fuck you very much and have a nice day.

OK the bags turned up Sunday afternoon (18 hours later) but still! I had to sleep nekkid! ARGH! Then tradeshow hell, 33,000 people sure can get on people's nerves, eh? Yeah. Creepy geeks, every one of them.

Ah, but then there was last night's party!! click here to see a short video - wooo was it ever awesome!


Vegas and I were right there, front row... can you see us there on the right? (click on the pic to enlarge) I'm wearing a black sleeveless top... 3000 people packed into Club 740 in downtown LA, there were sexy gogo dancers, aerial acrobats, sprays of ice, free flowing booze, rave music and, of course... Vanilla Ice in the house!

You know what? He gave an awesome performance. He gave it his all, he was FIERCE, the crowd loved him to bits, he came to do this just for us and it was a show to remember!

And in person, he is a very sweet guy.

Yep, shook his hand, thanked him for the show, he was so humble and reeer! Yes, he's a charismatic hottie (Vegas agrees, in a non-homo way, hee hee) and if you watched the video to the end, um yeah... his buddie Ron Jeremy was there too!

*fits of giggles*

*more giggles*

An 80's porn star endorsing our product, yeah that's just great fun, innit? Ah well, it takes all kinds to make up this kooky planet. All kinds.

Hope you're all doing well (let me know!), this is all my insane schedule and crappy hotel internet connection is allowing me for the moment.

Peace, out.

/end of Starstruck post/

11 comments:

KA said...

hahah! you seem so easily amused!

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I sees you, I sees you....although, I can't tell which one is Vegas....

Glad to hear you had a bit of fun....sorry the rest is sucky....hopefully you'll get to do a couple other cool things before you go back home!

Curly said...

I see you both too!!! Sounds like so much fun!!

Anonymous said...

hahaha. that's fuckin' awesome

myself said...

Vegas is the tall guy in the glasses...right?

Well sounds like you're having fun at least right?

Ron Jeremy ... *shudder* ...that man creeps me out. Ugliest motherf*cking porn star on the planet. Yuch.

Dolce said...

I hate tradeshows with a passion! but I don't get concerts with vanilla ice. In third grade I would have been SO jealous.

Oh wait. I still am.

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

Wait. Stop. Vanilla Ice? Like the dude who sang in thew first Ninja Turtle movie? I think he was before my time...

Also, is Vegas in white?

prin said...

Why's Vegas in the front when he's so tall? lol

I'm glad you're having fun. :D

Lola Smiles said...

I see you! Cool. Sounds like it was quite the par-tay! Enjoy you!

Anonymous said...

Nice! I now feel old when people post that they don't remember Vanilla Ice.

Technodoll said...

Nope, Vegas is just behind me to my left, wearing a black shirt over a white t-shirt... me, I'm in the sleeveless sequined black top smiling like an eejit.

Good times, good times :-)