Time either flew by or crept along, I can't really say right now. Back in the city and already the headache strikes, after leaving me in peace for two weeks.
Coincidence?!
Anyways, we had super delightful weather for most of the time and the icky bits were still pretty interesting (sea fog, driving through torrential downpours, awesome clouds, more sea fog rolling in).
The cottage we rented was very simple - no radio, no internet, one TV channel and no DVD player - but it just made vacation that much more real.
I already miss the damp salty smell of the sea, the sound of the tide on the wet rocks and the cries of the gulls... Took lots of pics so will update my photo blog soon, just don't feel like staring at my shitty laptop screen right now... Ugh. My new Dell XPS better arrive this week, the waiting is getting downright ridiculous!
So, my experience at being a stepmom kinda failed. Um. Yeah. I just have a missing maternal gene somewhere. I don't think anyone has less patience than I do with kids - I did try, am still trying but to be honest I am soooo relieved that the little one flies back home tomorrow evening. Needless to say this is causing some grief between Vegas and I, but we're dealing with it. I think.
*picks lint off shirt*
On tonight's menu: vegetables of sort.
Out of the cupboards and into the trash: 4 half-eaten bags of chips. The big bags. Vacation is definitely ovah!
And yes, I did change the subject just there. Well. Yeah. Good to be back... will catch up with y'all in the next day or so!
/end of Back But With A_ffront post/
10 comments:
welcome back!!!
Vegetables? eww. I'm a meatetarian.
good to see you back! :)
welcome back my fellow montrealaise, missed ya wicked!
Me. I have worst patience with kids than anyone on planet earth.
Toughgirl, we ate too much meat on vacation, my body is turning into a pile of ick! LOL!
Lola, glad to be back!
Myself, missed you too!
CD, I'm still sure I'm worse than you are...
So glad you're back and you had a good time!
I am lacking the maternal thing as well. You read my vacation post about being with my nieces. I love them, but I am not cut out for that.
Don't be too hard on yourself. It's not easy dealing with other people's children, even someone you love.
Thanks, PrincessB... it's a hard battle with the conscience ("oh I know I have to but man it's tough at times") so knowing I am not alone helps a bit. Just hope I get better with time...
Glad to hear you had a good time. I am looking forward to the photo updates :o)
Welcome back lady!
I don't have that gene either. YAY I am in good company!
Post a Comment