Monday, December 10, 2007

Uneventful.

Work was meh, I ate too much and exercised too little, managed some xmas shopping on the way home and here I am, all chatted out and ready for a long hot shower. Yum.

My dogsitter has the shittiest luck of all time.

I swear, I've never seen anything like it.

Every single thing he buys or attempts to do turns into a disaster.
Every appliance is a lemon.
Every delivery is delayed and botched.
Every item purchased is defect and takes an insane amount of energy to get it exchanged or reimbursed - it's ludicrous!

Take this new situation... he's always dreamed of having his bland dining room walls painted with thin, leafy tree outlines - artistic and tasteful, you know? So he finally found a painter who could do it two weeks ago, and it was his xmas present to himself - those things aren't cheap. He saw the guy's portfolio and gave him a magazine with photos of what he wanted - exactly.

After numerous long visits, this hired moron has completely fucked up the freshly painted walls with monkey-brained pencil outlines straight out of junglebook horrors, erased and stenciled back a dozen times, sloppily painted and repainted over... oh. my. god.

It's a giant clusterfuck.

Nothing is done after two weeks of having furniture moved to the livingroom and dishes out everywhere, dried paint on the floors and to be honest, there is no way this idiot can "fix the problem".

The problem is that he is an incompetent moron, and my friend got taken for a ride - even if he pays him nothing he is left with a giant mess... he will have to repaint the walls, which had taken him 3 coats and loads of gallons of paint to begin with. And the stink. And the nerves.

Just before the holidays.

I feel so bad for him :-( Specially since he'll be taking my kids when I'm gone to the UK in 3 weeks, his place is such a disaster and his nerves are shot. Sigh.

Why do people suck so much?

3 comments:

Daszzle said...

Lord, that's horrible! Poor guy... I sure hope his luck changes fast.

prin said...

That's terrible. :( He needs a bodyguard. :(

Technodoll said...

I think they named Murphy's Law after him, only his name isn't Murphy.