Wednesday, December 12, 2007

True fact

"According to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, both male and female reindeer grow antlers in the summer each year (the only members of the deer family, Cervidae, to have females do so).

Male reindeer drop their antlers at the beginning of winter, usually late November to mid December.

Female reindeer, however, retain their antlers till after they give birth in the spring. Therefore, according to every historical rendition depicting Santa’s reindeer, every single one of them, from Rudolf to Blitzen…. had to be a female.

We should’ve known this when when they were able to find their way."

5 comments:

Smiler said...

Ha! That's a good one actually.

I need a teeny favour from you. I've just installed a Mister Linky Widget on my template to enable people participating in the memes I'm involved with to leave their link.

A lot of bla bla just to say, can you tell me if you see boxes at the bottom of every post (black keyline) with neon green text in them?

You're not supposed to. I see them whether I'm loged in or not which is what concerns me. If you can see it, I'll have to remove the code and find out WTF that's about.

Super long message just to say: please have a quick look at my front page. Sheesh.

And thanks in advance.

Technodoll said...

All OK, hun - only see the "share" widget and it seems to work fine :-)

Trippincherri said...

Bwahahah that is so true.

Technodoll said...

Trippin', ain't it a beaut? LOL!

Technodoll said...

Hmm I never thought of it that way... *grin*