Dante comes home tomorrow :-o
We're fetching the little guy in the afternoon, it'll be yet another great adventure and addition to our growing family (I guess the hens count too, eh? LOL). We hope the akitas will be nice to him and that he won't be too traumatized by the day's events - everything he's ever known will suddenly change and we'll have to deal with the crying and whatnot.
Or he might be a super good boy and everything will run smoothly!
We'll see.
And yes, I will post pictures!
Today saw a lot of good things happen:
-the horse paddock rewiring is half done
-the deck and attached dog run is almost done
-we're getting 10 acres of overgrown paddocks brush-cut, about a third is done and the rest should be done tomorrow. It looks like a giant golf course now :-D
-the french drain behind the house has been completed, cleaned and turfed
-one of the dog guest rooms is completely painted & decorated
-we found a painter to come do our fugly hallways (3 floors of 'em), our giant bedroom and the foyer, we'll get an estimate this weekend. Just need to pick out colors now... help?
-I hung a load of laundry outside to dry for the first time on my new clothesline-umbrella thingie, everything smells gorgeous now and it went super fast. I shall do it again!
-we hung curtains to frame the patio doors in our dining area, it warms up the place immensely - I am super pleased!
Those are just the big lines... don't want to bore you with the details too much, eh?
*pokes baby biceps, which hurt but are getting pretty developed for stick arms*
Anybody remember Loverboy? That Canadian band that got big in the early 80's for songs like "Turn Me Loose" and "Working For The Weekend"? No? OK I might be too old... In any case, they're playing here tonight to close a 4-day street music affair this little town puts on every summer.
Oh, the racket that wafts all the way to our windows... Imagine the worst heavy metal music possible, warble it on speakers and add the sound of a thousand cats on fire, screaming for their lives.
Yeah, that sounds about right.
Time for a hot shower, I'm absolutely wrecked again from shoveling, raking, weeding, ratcheting, hammering, hoovering, painting... but ah. I love it.
I never imagined that life could be so awesome!!
/end of Good Night, World! post/
7 comments:
"working for the weekend"...did you hear that while you were WORKING????
Glad you are getting so much accomplished. I Love when I can see all the changes that hard work provides.
I do hot the Akita's don't think Dante is a kitty cat?!?!
Can't wait for pictures. Suz
I absolutely remember those songs...and loved them:)
Hope you have a great relaxing weekend. Sounds like you deserve it, you have been busy!
wow it sounds like the house is coming along fantastically! Get some puppy kisses for me and enjoy the new addition!
Busy Bee, I don't think I worked much when I was 12, LOL! Pictures of the (noisy bratty) puppy to come :)
ModernMom, well it was relaxing until about 30 minutes ago, when the puppy decided to throw a fit in his crate. He's still at it - GAAAH!
Piper, yes the house is slooooowly progressing... focus on the word slow! LOL
Lady B, the thing is the less we do, the less we want to do... so, we just don't stop!
You guys are so busy! But its fulfulling and I know that makes all the difference!
Yeah, totally remember "working for the weekend" . . .
You sure are getting a lot done in a short amount of time! Don't forget to take a break every now and then.
i loved loverboy! the pics of dante are so cute. looks like everything is coming together nicely!
Post a Comment