Spiders. Gazillions of spiders - you can't get away from them here.
Yesterday morning I was about to slip my foot into my sports shoe when a fat spider ran out - it got squished and left a brown juice mark on my white sock. Soooo gross. All our windows are etched with webs - you take them down and the next morning they're up again.
I just went outside to check on the girls (the hens) and got smacked in the face in four places by fresh webs.
Arachnophobia, anyone?!
Another scorcher of a day is in the works, I need to take the dogs out for a long walk while it's still bearable - we'll get the banking done and that'll be that! Vegas is in the city today so that means no car pour moi, boohoo.
Wow, I'm so out of gossip that my posts have dwindled down to boring shit. I'm always thinking of cool little stories to relate to you guys but then the moment passes, I forget all about it and the next time I'm in the vincinity of my laptop I'm going "what was that thing again?" - that's no way to blog, is it.
I thought I'd be so pious out here - I'd get in shape in no time, I'd eat tons of fresh fruit and veggies and get all healthy, I'd sleep like a rock, yadi yada.
But no.
I ache all over and dragging my heavy carcass from one place to another is hard work due to crappy light sleep - you know when you wake up at 2am and for hours on end you're conscious of not sleeping? Yeah, that. For no reason whatsoever.
Then the fruit rots in the bowl on the counter and ends up in composting, the veggies end up with the hens and I end up dining on sausages and Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls.
Nitrates, people! Sugar! Trans fats!
Oh, the shame.
I would give my right arm for someone to cook for me, to feed me healthy colourful meals, to go grocery shopping and then do the dishes. Just one meal would be lovely.
Bah. Not gonna happen anytime soon unless I get a lesbeen lover.
Happy Tuesday, everyone!
/end of Get Your SPF Two Thousand On! post/
10 comments:
Spiders - Ew. I could and would not be able to handle getting smacked in the face with webs. Blech. It's all I can do to not squeesh (at the other half's request) the one or two that I see in the house.
I'd be more than happy to cook for you. Fly me up there, house me for free, drive me to the market . . . not quite what you were thinking, eh? Made a colorful meal last night . . . egg noodles w/jumbo lump crabmeat, julienned carrots and snap peas in a lemon butter sauce. Yummers.
Happy Tuesday!
You need to get a cat to eat all those spiders. That's what my cat does! Well, that and just about any other insect that dares to enter the house.
I hate spiders. REALLY. I would rather have a snake in my shoe, than a spider.
A lesbeen? Does vegas know you want one? :)
Aha. You didn't need to move all the way down there for those spiders, you coulda just come out to my place....the spiders and I co-exist, it goes along with my town. Aka "Spiderville".
Yeah....I can tell you ALLLLLLLLLL the fast food stands in your neck of the woods, anytime, I'll make you a list :D
Ok, so you changed the scenery, changed the lifestyle and you're still unsatisfied? What are you expecting life to be?
Maybe you should do yoga. It exercises the mind and spirit along with the body.
As for the spiders, I would have died after the shoe thing. Died.
A spider in your shoe??
*faints*
Kathryn, book your ticket! LOL (although beware of the spideys, they're eeeeverywhere!)
Frank, can I borrow your cat please?
Busy Bee, Vegas volunteered to be my lesbeen. And snake killer. Life is good!!
Myself, am looking for a good cantine with home-made fries - any suggestions, svp? and hold the spiders, LOL!
Prin, I almost had a heart attack wtih the shoe thing... never stick your foot in without first shaking the footwear! Lesson learned. Oh and I just rant at random stuff sometimes, no worries my happiness reigns supreme ;-)
Curly, I'll keep smelling salts handy...
ha ha ha!!!! You crack me up! You should rent the movie, Funny Farm, with Chevy Chase. I think you would get a HUGE kick out of it. (cue the dear!)
I hate spiders too. We were the very best customer of Orkin when we lived in the country with a field on 2 sides of our house. Hang in there girlie! I would suggest spraying, but that can get expensive really quick. Oh just remember Charlottes Web was a good book :))
Oh, and your comment: Not gonna happen anytime soon unless I get a lesbeen lover - LOLOL...you are too funny!
Surfergirl, I've seen all the chevy chase movies - used to LOVE the guy! LOL
Daring, as long as the spiders don't touch me or get in my face, I'll accept that they help eliminate the ghastly bugs!
Post a Comment