Wednesday, July 1, 2009

If a picture is worth a thousand words...

...then I hope you all enjoy this book :-D

This should give you an idea of what's been happening the past few days... I'm still too busy to get online much, just trying to keep up on Facebook and email and have quickly peeked at a couple of blogs but that's it... There is sooo much to do here, it's mind-boggling. But immensely fun and rewarding.

I don't remember ever being half this happy :-)
A zoom into the back view of our property, to get the horses in the mist... so lovely to see it roll in at night like the souls of a thousand dead sailors... or something like that, LOL! The mist is also sometimes there in the wee hours of the morning.

Our view on a sunny morning - I love this tree :)

Our living room the day we signed for the house, after we'd dropped off a carload of stuff. I can't believe it was once so clean and bare, LOL!

The day after the 17-hour move... Gaaah! Every room of the house was piled high with stuff, however the main floor got the brunt of the boxes and furniture as the movers were too exhausted to carry stuff upstairs at that point.

Just kill meh! LOL

Tuesday morning... starting to look a bit better. A bit.
Notice the über-tired doggy in the corner!

Ah yes, the battle of the delivery trucks last Saturday morning, 9:10am! The red container had arrived at 7am, but then the John Deer lawn tractor arrived and 30 seconds later, the truck with our washer and dryer showed up. Hilarious! And there was Vegas, not sure what was going through his head at that very moment...

View of the horrid rotted ant-infested deck - first thing to get demo'ed early Saturday morning.

Ah, much better now! The new cedar deck will be much lower to the ground so we can actually see the land instead of wood. Should be up in a week, weather permitting.

A short video of my little bro, who came over to help - he actually ended up tearing the deck up mostly by himself, as Vegas was stuck at the hardware store loading up the car (read: destroying the shocks) with 33 boxes of tile, cement and other impossibly heavy things, LOL! My bro is awesome :)



View of the side of the house, sans ugly deck. That all needs to be fixed and sealed, of course... Notice the green stain on the siding, where the propane tank used to be... and the doggy in the window. Awe.

Vegas applying his tiling skills with great fanfare! Our awesome contractor is a great teacher, we'd be lost without him. We really, really lucked out with this guy (thank you for the referral, Wayne!) - will take a pic of him building the new deck later!

Finally, the eyesore on the side of the stables is coming down. Half was torn off yesterday and Vegas is just heading out now to finish the job. It's harder than it looks.

But he seems to enjoy it despite the aches and pains that hit later, LOL! I too am helping as much as my fragile back allows... yesterday I sweated and burnt like I never have before carrying loads of rotted timber to the container. Woo!

This month we need to get the inside of the stable gutted and rebuilt... it will be gorgeous!

Two of our sweet boarders. I loves them. Someday I will have my own horse, hopefully sooner than later. Hopefully.

Home is where the heart is... and I've found my forever place.

/end of Visuals post/


18 comments:

Kathryn said...

Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous. I love the picture of your backyard. And the tree . . . great pic. The house looks beautiful and so excited to see the rest fall into place.

Looks like you found the perfect place for the horse statue?

Congratulations again to you and Vegas.

Kat Argonza said...

YOUR HOUSE IS GORGEOUS!

And your brother is really strong. Yeesh!

That's the ideal country house that Duke has always wanted (yes, with the horses too!) Ah, livin' the dream, Techno... you're living the dream.

Busy Bee Suz said...

awwww, it looks like you have found your paradise! I love all the pictures and you guys are doing so much WHILE moving in...just incredible. I did not know you were boarding horses too.
Are the dogs in heaven or what?????
No more leashes???

Tonya said...

Looks amazing!!! can't wait to see more pics on how the house progresses.

jgoldfin said...

Anick - it looks magical. Congrats!

Dolce said...

TD, you went from living in a tiny apartment in the city to THIS???

Your house is incredible. You're life has changed so much since I started reading this blog a year and a half ago.

Sit back and take it all in...life doesn't seem to get much better, does it?

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Do you live in heaven? Because after reading this post, I'm pretty sure that you do.

If you don't mind, I'd love to join you there.

-Francesca

PS: Why, oh why, do you choose Facebook over blogging? Just say no, my friend!

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Yay! Now you can exhale :-D

prin said...

Yey! :) I'm glad you found your piece of the world. :)

And lol for the gratuitous bro video. :D *raises eyebrow*

Katie said...

That place is completely amazing. You were so lucky to find it. I remember when you were looking at place after place and getting frustrated.

This place was worth waiting for. It is picture perfect.

Congratulations! You deserve all of the happiness and open spaces!

(And a horse of your own!)

TeriM said...

OMG, I am soooo jealous! What a wonderful place and best wishes for your new adventure.

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Am I suck a smuck that I missed the post where you responded to my question about reinventing yourself?

The answer to this question is apparently, yes, yes, I did.

Off to give you plenty o' comment luv NOW.

-Francesca

Technodoll said...

Thanks everyone for your kind and encouraging comments - there will be more updates soon! I'm having the time of my life, woohooo! :-D

Roshan said...

Gorgeous place. I love your living room even if it's not completely done up to your standards yet. Lots of open greenery around you.

Dexter said...

Hey Mom! I had to come over here just to get a glimpse of my pals. What's up? You people sure love to demolish stuff.

Your new estate looks like a dream. Sure it needs work, but what else would people do if they didn't have projects around the house?

OK, so I know how busy you are, but next time I want to see more doggie pictures, right?

Slobbers,
Mango

P.S. Momma says your little brother can come and work on our house anytime. Not sure what she means by that.

Frank said...

Hot damn. I wish I could look out my window in the morning and see the mist drifting over the fields. Sometimes I get mist outside over the parking lot, but it's just not the same!

voice said...

looks fantastic! i'm so happy for you, i do love it when the dreams in your heart and your head finally come to fruition~

Unknown said...

Wow, all that room and what an amazing property. It never ends. I can't tell you how happy and proud I am of everything you have acheived. Way to go!!!

Love to the Beanies and regards to the man.

xxx