Thursday, July 9, 2009

How to burn calories by not even trying

Take the super-excited dogs out for an hour's walk through the horse paddocks gone wild. Yell at one to keep close and play tug-of-war with the other on the leash.

Realize why the horses don't venture "out back" so much.

Get rubber boots almost sucked off by mud.

Keep walking to try to find the mysterious walking trail through the forest. Get pants and shirt wet by 5' high reeds, get slapped in the face a few times by fir-tree branches.

Swear a lot.

Yell some more at the dogs.

Give up after an hour and trudge home, since trails are overgrown by weeds and mud and only good for ATV's and horses.

De-muck the dogs with garden hose (yey! luxury!) and let them dry on the grass for another hour while ripping out mega-weeds from one of the huge backyard flower beds. Realize there are more weeds than actual plants.

Also realize how out of shape a city girl can be. Ow, ow, ow.

Rake the crap into a few piles, leave for later.

Wipe sweat off brow, go inside for coffee and advil.

What's your secret?

/end of A Day In The Life post/

12 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I think you were trying. :)
Coffee after all that?
Not a shandie???

Dolce said...

breastfeeding.

500 - 800 calories burned per day sitting on your arse.

Cracked and bleeding nipples are side effects.

yeah...

Kathryn said...

Yeah right, you weren't even trying. I'm sending the weed boss after you for that one! ;o)

I couldn't even tell you what my secret is to burning calories. I just watch what I eat from time to time. Well, I guess planning for our church wedding/reception, working full time, taking care of things for the house and other miscellaneous activities help.

Chopped meat is taken out to thaw. Hoping the other half is up for some burgers and fresh corn tonight. I got a craving after your burger post. :o)

Happy Thursday (oh yeah, I'm so topsy turvy, I thought today was Wednesday. Eep!)

Frank said...

I like to stuff myself with food and then lay on the couch while visualizing myself exercising.

That's how I burn calories.

Mind over matter!

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Hmmm...if I could burn calories by swearing a lot, I would be super thin...I guess I have to do more swearing (LOL!)

Technodoll said...

Busy Bee, shandies are for the end of day... coffee is for the start! Unless I turn into a drunken housewife... LOL!

Dolce, I'll pass on the breastfeeding, kthanx! You brave, brave woman!

Kathryn, let me know how that burger goes cuz we're having salad for dinner and even if it has bacon, I am sad. Sigh.

Frank, only robots with superpowers can do that. You lucky, lucky man!

Daring, you could always try :-D

myself said...

I walk for miles and love it.

My pleasure at gardening disappeared some 15 years ago (shortly after purchasing house). Now it's an annoyance.

And it usually makes my back hurt because I refused to not bend at the waist to do it.

Such an arse.

Zedder said...

Uhh, not outside gardening or trudging through mud.
You burn calories with out even knowing it by doing bedroomy things out in the back country silly former city girl ;o)

Rebecca Foster said...

You are going to be a super buff country girl in no time!

I love hearing about what you're doing out there. Sounds so fun!

Kathryn said...

The hamburgers didn't come out . . . instead I was treated to dinner out last night. So, instead of making the burgers in, we got the burgers out at one of our fav local joints we love.

Your salad sounds like it was deeeelish!

Happy Friday! Yay!

Technodoll said...

Myself, I have yet to buy kneepads, ooops... maybe the novelty of gardening will slope off but I don't think so. Me have a green thumb :)

Zedder, if only we weren't too tired all the time from country life! ha ha

Rebecca, same for me and your adventures in china! wooo!

Kathryn, I hope you had fries with that, at least!

Anonymous said...

Good Informative Post! A calorie is a unit of energy that is associated with food and drink and is a measure of the energy, or heat, that food produces as your body uses it as fuel.

Calories to human beings are like gasoline to cars. Your car will not run without gas and you will not function without calories. Life would be a lot simpler if we, like cars, had a fuel gauge; unfortunately, we do not. We also, unlike cars, can fill ourselves up with more calories than we can use in a day. Those extra calories we do not need we store on our bodies as fat.

Our bodies burn the calories through metabolic processes, by which enzymes break the carbohydrates into glucose and other sugars, the fats into glycerol and fatty acids and the proteins into amino acids.

Burn Calories for Losing Weight