Friday, July 3, 2009

Drive-by posting

We're both so shattered, it's not even funny. But the adrenaline and love of it all keeps us going - at some point the demo work will be finished and rebuilding will begin. Or so I hope!

Yesterday we mostly stayed inside to unpack and organize, Vegas finished the grout in the small basement room and then our evening was ruined by our dogs mauling the neighbor's cat to death. It wasn't a very good day, all around.

Today we enjoyed a morning walk in the woods with the monsters dogs, then blew a wad of money shopping for tools and house stuff.

Again.

Needless to say, I'm getting pretty nervous on that front...

Still haven't ordered any of the supplies needed to build the deck, the new horse shelter or the dog park. Well I tried today, but the place the contractor told me to call didn't carry the kind of wood he told me to order, and he's not answering his phone to approve the changes so I can't get anything done - gaaah!

*shakes fist at roadblocks*

At least I demo'ed most of the cheap ugly dog run that was in the back of the house, Vegas will finish the rest and then we'll have a new setup in place this month. Gonna need it, with the pupper that's arriving in three weeks! The ugly horse shelter off the side of the stables is completely gone now and the giant container needs to be trucked away tomorrow as it is full.

I feel wicked, LOL!

My mom's coming for a short visit tomorrow (just one sleep) so we're struggling to get as much done as possible until then - tonight is for more unpacking and tidying up, then tomorrow morning the place needs a major cleaning - there is soooo much dog hair and crap everywhere, it's like living in a field!

Oh, wait... we are! LOL

Sigh. I better get to it.

Can't wait to finally have a bit of time to catch up on your blogs! aaaaaaaaaaaaa!

/end of Time Need More Time post/

2 comments:

Rebecca Foster said...

Oh, that IS a bad day. I'm sorry. It's obvious how much you LOVE animals with all your heart and soul. This must have broken your heart a bit. Feel better soon, you are a good dog mommy.

My parents redid their house and ran into similar roadbocks. FINALLY it all worked out. It will for you too.

Take care of yourself!

Technodoll said...

The heartache is easing up a bit but will never be forgotten. You always say the kindest things! *hug*