Monday, July 6, 2009

Am I getting dull?

I mean, all I talk about is renovating, gardening and how tired & happy I am. Boring, eh?

No dramah! No rants!

Well besides wanting one, just ONE of the many started projects to be completed...

The wood for the horse shelter and the deck has been sitting on our lawn the past few days, getting soggy... nothing done. The stable innards have been taken down a bit, but not much. Tiling in the basement is underway, but not done. Then there's the ceiling & walls to get done. And boxes to unpack. Mountains of laundry and ironing.

*cackles like a mad witch*

I'm addicted to late-afternoon shandies now.

This afternoon Vegas and I sat on our front porch steps, sipping a cold one and eating peanutes from the shell, ya know, regular country bumpkin stuff. It was lovely.

I keep getting sunburns despite lathering on the spf.

Stupid pale skin.

Budgeting is a pain in the arse, the mailman brought us the dreaded envelopes today (school tax due, municipal taxes due, the "welcome tax" due, oh fuck off will ya!). House poor but Life rich. It works out.

Tomorrow I need to go order my chickens so they can come home next month. We need to fix up the chicken coop a bit, get bedding & food and we're good to go - been weeding like a mad woman the past couple of days so the chicks can settle right in - yey!

My brain is fried right now, no idea what I'm typing so I'll prolly regret this tomorrow.

I'm sorry!

/end of Whotzit? post/

9 comments:

Curly said...

bbq chicken??? :-D

Glad you are loving your new life. Can't wait to come visit. And I trust you, there will be no chickens pecking at the potato salad.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Dull? then I must be a snoozer!!!!

What the hey is a late afternoon shandie?
Is it sex?
Candy?
beer??
HELP ME!!
Why am I not addicted to it too???

Chickens? You are going country. YeeHaw!!

Kathryn said...

So not dull at all! Sounds absolutely exciting.

And yeah, what is a shandie? Never heard of that one.

Being a homeowner adds a lot to everyday life. For me, between working and stuff around the house, I don't know if I'm coming or going. I haven't even had a chance to do much writing/ blogging lately. *sigh* But it's all a good busy and spending time with the other half, which supercedes any to-do I may have on my list. (One of which is to learn how to use this new fancy shmancy to do list program I have).

Happy Tuesday!


PS. I think the weed boss called off the hit. ;o)

prin said...

You got your taxes already? That's fricken fast. I just got my school taxes for 2007. lol!

As for the rest- country pace. Quit living in a city state of mind. :D

Curly said...

Shandies? As in a Twist Shandy? They still make those????

Vegas said...

a shandy is beer or lager mixed with lemonade (over here this means Sprite/7up). It also works well with still lemonade.

half and half is a good mix for a summer's day

Technodoll said...

Curly, I'll leave the chickens in the pen if you leave them off the grill! LOL

Busy Bee, Vegas explained it below but a shandy is half beer and half lemonade (or 7-up). Sooo refreshing, mmm! Kinda like sex and candy, ha ha!

Kathryn, a good list is one you can scribble on with a fat pen once you've done a task. Feels good :-D

Prin, yeah I know eh? July 1st 2009 for a year. FFS! takes forever to get a refund from the gov'ment but when YOU owe THEM... gaaah!

Curly, we make them :-D

Vegas, nobody understands brit talk.

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Never a dull moment TD....remember that. Your blog is like an addiction to most of us: just cant stay away!

Zedder said...

I dont find you dull, I find I can relate even more to you now lol

Why are you weeding for your chickens? They love eating weeds and grasses?

I agree with Prin, stop living in a city frame of mind :oP You have now become "one of us" muahaha