- Race car driving to the grocery store
- Traffic endurance for extra points
- Jockeying the car into the closest parking spot near the store's exit doors
- Memory jogging: what was on the list you forgot at home again?
- Obstacle course: crowded aisles and your shopping cart
- Boxing the butcher, aka "why are the sale meats never in stock?"
- Bonus points: (mentally) kick boxing all those screaming brats and crying babies whose parents are too cheap for a babysitter
- Stacking the cart: space enough for everything, no tipping over
- Inner self-battle: no, you do not need those chips, ice cream, cookies, lardy cakes, sodas, etc
- Speed mathematics: do you have enough money to pay for this food?
- Coupon juggling at the cash
- Cashier smackdown: that item was definitely on sale, check it again!
- Smart bag packing: fresh tomatoes on top, canned tomatoes on the bottom
- Weight lifting: heavy bags to the car, then into your house
- Extra event for professionals only: Unpacking & storing purchases away in calm serenity
- Bonus points: doing all of the above in high heat and humidity
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Grocery shopping as an olympic sport
Event includes, but is not limited do: