The nearby mountains are a'bloom with dazzling reds, ochres, yellows - nary a green leaf in sight, it's breathtaking and also way early in the year for this display... I wish I had brought my camera with me this morning when I went to fetch my new hens (long story, please see my chicken diaries for the info).
I'll try to go back tomorrow because if I miss this I'll regret it until next autumn.
A few weeks ago I spotted this clan of wild turkeys up the street,
I had to stop the car to snap a photo:
(pic clicks bigger for details that blogger snipped off)
(pic clicks bigger for details that blogger snipped off)
How cool is that? :-)
There were a good 30 birds of all sizes and ages in that flock - I hope they've not been hunted, there are a lot of blood-hungry guys roaming the woods this time of year. Boo.
I'm off to work in the barn, winter is fast approaching and I need to get a move-on with the renos.
Hope your weekend is being sweet to you, my peeps!
/end of Crisp post/
6 comments:
Love the photo and I don't like people hunting animals. My husband enjoys the sport but only shoots are targets or clay pigeons.
Isn't 't fall great.
Gobble Gobble Gobble.
I hope fall finds it's way south....soon.
Have a great day TD!
My students in China were so fascinated by turkey-- they saw pictures of Thanksgiving dinner and wanted to try it. They'd be floored by a picture of wild turkeys!
The picture of the turkeys is gorgeous! You are a very talented photographer.
Can't wait to see how the barn is coming along...
Farmer
Oh rats I feel guilty now as the first thing that came to mind when I saw the turkey picture was 'Yum-eee.' Sorry!
I feel the same as you when I see the partridges in the hedgerows with their cute red eye make up.... and I've never eaten one of those, honest..
Post a Comment