Strange to be writing a post on a Sunday night so it publishes on a Monday morning, when I am (hopefully) in a deep sleep.
What? I like the nutjob effect!
Right now Vegas is playing a new xbox game and I'm yawning so hard I'm about to unhinge my own jaw. We're both dreading going back to work (who isn't?) but at least we have next weekend to look forwards to...
About the wedding:
It's small. I mean, really small. Like justice-of-the-peace and four family members small. 30 minutes and it's a done deal, then we can go have a nice brunch and get the hell out of the city for three lovely days in a posh inn out in the eastern townships.
Then one day, we'll do a proper wedding with a party, booze and our feet in white sand. Yep, one practical wedding and then a romantic one.
Why do things the conventional way? LOL!
Did I mention my goals for 2009 yet? I wrote them down in my head the other day and I ran out of room. Good thing Vegas is getting me a Nintendo Brain Age thingie for my birthday, to help ward off dementia and all that, seeing as I'm getting so old.
*clears throat*
So, this year shall see us getting married, me celebrating my 39th birthday, us buying a house and moving out of the city, building up our own business from scratch which will include home and land renovations, then me finally fulfilling my dream of working from home with dogs as my focus while Vegas grows his career to fit his talents - he has to bring home the bacon until our business takes off, which might take a year or two. Crossing fingers it'll be less than that.
Um, I think I need to go lay down and get some sleep now... My neck is sore from craning, trying to see over the huge mountain top that is right in front of us.
But hey, I put it there and the view's just fine.
Really :-)
\end of Brain Dump post\
11 comments:
mmmm bacon
So happy for you. Wishing you every good thing for the future.
(hugs)
:o)
ha! i just said to A. the other night, as i was reading the paper placemat at our favourite deli, "you can have your wedding catered by schwartz's" he laughed and said, well at least everyone would like the food. congrats to you and vegas. and by the way, i wish my name was vegas. to be 55 and named vegas...a dream.
39...wow you're almost twice my age.
Gramma.
I am so excited for you this year. It's a big climb, but you can do it! :)
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
*big hugs*
you wanna punch Frank or shall I?
;-)
Wow, sounds like dreams coming true. I am so very excited for you both. Now that's a way to really LIVE!
The wedding sounds perfect...remember the wedding is not the important part..it is the marriage that matters. :)
So happy for you both. Only good stuff in the future....it will happen before you know it!!!
We still want pictures...even if it is small!!!!
If I don't see pictures...I can't tell you what will happen...really, I can get ugly if need be.
Go and have a lovely day now.
Ahh, one day I hope I can combine a business and working with dogs.
Dogs are great.
Also, Frank, dood, it comes up quick. Real fast. You'll be grampa in a blink of an eye ;)
oh hon, conventionality is for wussies. I like how you're going todo your wedding just cos it makes everyone happy and relieves the stress.
Myself, he had no choice. Vegas stole his usual answer.
Yey! Married! House! Old!
Ok, maybe not that last one.
I kinda wish you were having a huge wedding. It'd give me a reason to wear my fancy shoes.
Post a Comment