Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My brain is 80 years old

Yep. That's what the Nintendo DS Brain Age thingie is telling me. The balls! OK fine, I've let the grey matter vegetate a bit the past couple of decades... but still - 80!!

I have my work cut out for me.

*itches to train brain*

Oh and yes, that was a bday gift from Vegas... he also surprised me with a gorgeous bouquet of yellow flowers (I took photos this morning, will post tomorrow), a delicious picnic in our living room and a foot rub! Rrrrrrrr.

Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes both here and on Facebook, you guys are the best!

I'm terribly late for work again. Rats. My latte is too hot so I'm blogging instead, in my jammies, trying to care... not succeeding very much... oh well. What does excite me, though, is that we're going to look at another property for sale this weekend! I found it on the web and our real-estate agent is arranging the visit and stuff. Yey!

What's exciting about this place is that a) it's close to the city which means an easy commute for Vegas as well as future customers and b) it's within our budget with the right-sized lot and c), the best part: it already has a big dog kennel built behind the house! So that solves our money problem: it costs less to convert and upgrade a building then build one from scratch.

Please wish us luck that this isn't too good to be true!

/end of Great Way To Start A New Year post/

10 comments:

myself said...

that's why I go to quiz night, forces the addled brain to dredge up the info that is located in there, but never seems to find it's way out again.

Property close to the city, YEY!

Sweet T said...

I have Big Brain for Nintendo Wii and my brain was withering a little too. Since then though, my score has improved big time :) *pats herself on the back* Ahem...

My fingers are crossed that this viewing goes well...sounds good so far :)

(Oh and I blogged again...finally...thanks to your persuasion *blushes*)

Frank said...

Good luck :)

And work on that brain of yours. Don't want that early onset of Alzheimer's now, do ya?

Anonymous said...

Now I really want to get Big Brain for my Wii. But, even playing some of the games I get so confused. And then feel ridiculous because I know there are kids years and years younger than me who can play these Wii games with no issue. Oh well.

Happy belated Birthday to you. Hope it was a good one!

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Fingers crossed for you - sending all my positive vibes your way...keep us posted :)

Anonymous said...

I love dogs.

More than people.

Unless the people have big boobs, a jiggy butt, a vagina and are willing to share it all with me.

But that's only for a night.

I love dogs forever.

I envy you!

prin said...

Ooo, sounds good.

So getting the brain age thingy isn't an insulting gift? lol When I read that on your facebook, I was all, "uh oh..."

Then again, I don't know videogames from my elbow.

My brain's well over 100. :D

Mike was almost sweet. Till that one night thing.

Rebecca Foster said...

I hope it goes well!

Busy Bee Suz said...

The birthday sounds fabulous....I would take down a small person for a foot rub **oooohhhhh***
Scared to know what my brain age is..could be 13 or 92. One never knows.
The property sounds great....sending good mojo and luck.
suz

Sian said...

I wouldn't have the nerve to find out my brain age. Heck, I have never seen a DS to my knowledge - that's what a love of spinning wheels does for you!

Sending good vibes for the property. Hope all goes well :o)