...One of my new year's resolutions - well, just about the only one! - is to spend less time blogging and more time reading books instead. Don't get me wrong, I love blogging! And that's perhaps my downfall. Rats.
I love reading juicy novels and I really miss those moments of escapism and relaxation. I have a shelf full of awesome books clamoring for attention right now, and we're just heading out to the bookstore to get more... Yeah, I know - priorities and all that.
Life is going to get super busy very soon so I need to get a grip in advance!
The wedding is next Saturday morning, still have lots of stuff to prepare.
Work starts again on Monday for both of us, no more breaks or slacking off - it'll be brutal and leave very little time for leisure activities so I need to chose them well.
We're starting to sketch out a rough draft of our business plan and what we need to do to get there in four months. Since the first step is buying a property, we need to schedule appointments with banks, mortgage brokers, real-estate agents and the like... and then start the long search for the perfect place. I imagine this will suck up most of our weekends so that leaves weeknights for house chores and the like.
Whoopee :-)
So as you can see, maintaining three blogs on a daily basis isn't very feasible anymore.
*cries*
I guess change is inevitable in order to leave room for growth and actually, it feels pretty damn liberating. Of course I'll still be around blogland, I'm not abandoning anything! Just taking it a bit easier, that's all.
Hope to still have you all as company for the bumpy yet exciting road ahead, there will be alot of changes in a short period of time - for starters, I only have three more months in the office and then I am done, if all goes according to plan. I'm about to burst with happy mojo!
OK off to run errands, Vegas needs decent clothing to get married in. I already have my dress and shoes (huge relief), hope to have pics to share with you next week!
\end of Grand Start To A New Life post\
9 comments:
Pfft, he doesn't need "decent" clothing. You can save a lot of money just by getting one of those classy tuxedo T-shirts. From far away, it'll look like the real thing.
I know how you feel. I'm getting nervous for next week. I have no idea how to get back into the land of the working. everything seems to be happening all at once and I'm trying to stay ahead of the game so i can feel relaxed about it. good luck to you!
So... what are the details here? How can we crash it if we don't have any details?
It's about time for the blogging queen to step down from her throne! Seriously, you're the master of blogging! haha
So.....do you two have a registry anywhere? What if I wanted to buy you two something that you need......Let me know, please.
OMG!! I'm soooo excited for you!!!
Well. You suck :P Just kidding.
Well. You have fun m'dear...sounds like a week and a half...and I don't envy you.....
Understanding Daring says: TD - girl, you do what you have to do. Life is happening and its all so exciting, so take your time and do what you need to. Your faithful readers will be here when you find time. Congrats on the wedding and the business plans..that will keep you very busy. Isnt life exciting that way? Happy reading lady!
Selfish Daring says: Dang it, are you serious! What are we going to read? Whose going to give us those witty comments and pictures and quotes {cries}...You should tell us the books you plan to read so we can read them quicker and tell you the ending so you dont have to read them {sneaky smile} ...not working huh? Ok, well know you will be missed...
Don't let blogging burden you....life goes on. Can't wait to see some pictures!!!!!
good luck,
suz
Ooh! Have a lovely time on your wedding day!
Post a Comment