I came home Tuesday evening to find a bright pink package in my mailbox, all fresh from a long trip from Wales, UK. Yes! It was from Sian! See, this lady knows wool. And yarn. And cashmere and everything in between. She spins, she dyes, she crochets, she weaves magic into beautiful pieces you want to sink your hands and face into and oh, why don't I just show you!
How pretty is this? One for me, one for Vegas!
Not only did Sian crochet a beautiful and unique scarf for me, there was also a hat! I love, love, love it! You'd have to feel it against your skin to understand how soft, squishy and amazing it is... and the colours are to die for. *sighs blissfully*
She also made a beautiful, squishy-soft caramel and chocolate-coloured scarf for Vegas, the wool came from a British breed sheep called a Blue Faced Leicester cuz well, hims a Brit! LOL! Oh and my goodies are a silk and wool blend, plyed with cashmere - everything hand-spun and crocheted with love! Just look at the detailing (click for larger pic):
...and... there was also a hand-made beaded heart carefully wrapped in a fairy's pouch, how beautiful is that! Perfect for wearing on a thin silver chain - I love it!
I truly encourage you to visit Sian's Etsy Shop, she has absurd talent that I am proud to now know about first-hand. This one was a gift but I hope she accepts custom orders... I am addicted and would love to have more and I will be absolutely delighted to purchase anything she has for sale, it's a real treat.Oh gosh - I'm just brimming with gratitude and all emotional about her generosity and kindness. I hope she knows how much she's made me (and Vegas!) happy.
/end of Blogging Goddess post/
13 comments:
gorgeous. the scarf. the hat. the necklace. you.
I will go visit now. :)
Oh my gosh, I am blushing...but wriggling with happiness too. I am very glad you like them.
x
Wow! When I first saw the picture without reading I thought someone sent you a couple kilos of coke.
I was WAY off!
The scarf and hat are beautiful!
May I just say that you look absolutely stunning?
lovely!
You look so gorgeous in that hat, scarf. You really are a doll Techno. Good job Sian.
She has the best packages!! You look soooo purdy :)
Dang, what do I have to do to get an addy so I can send you something?! I knew you fiiiiiiirst, haha.
Yay for packages in the mail, especially those from the lovely Sian.
Oooh. Thats beautiful! The colour really suits you!
That scarf looks comfy...in a girly kind of way.
Oh who am I kidding? I'd totally wear that. And the hat.
Oooo, looks super soft. YEY!
You lucky thing. The gifts look amazing and Sian is soooo talented!
Sian! How great! And TD, you look so lovely in it. Such TALENTED FRIENDLY BLOGGERS. I am in good company no doubt!
wow, that's beautiful. AND you look GORGEOUS in it!
Post a Comment