My gosh I hate waiting... we've found an awesome property that we want to go check out this weekend BUT we first need to find out if the municipality would grant the dog permit we need to start the business... GACK! A few more hours and we'll know if it's yay or nay.
Joojoo, people - we need lots and lots of positive joojoo!
Pretty please :-)
So, it's still bleddy siberianesque cold today and we won't see the end of it until early next week. Days like these I'm grateful we have "winter dogs" or else they'd be tearing up the place with overflowing energy (just ask Myself! LOL).
I'm also really grateful that our landlord is so lovely, we got a new hot water tank installed yesterday - bliss!
I had bumped into her at the grocery store on Monday and mentioned the problem... 2 days later, new tank. I'll miss her when we're gone :-(
*burns tongue on überhot latte*
Just found out that Vegas' new employer is cutting 10% of their world-wide workforce soon. Holy shit, that's like 600 jobs or something. He better be safe or we're completely and utterly fucked. He says he's ok, but it still sends a chill down my spine...
Enough rambling, I gots to get my arse to work.
I mean... oh, c'mon you know what I meant! Sheesh.
/end of Piping Hot Gossip Wheel post/
15 comments:
good joojoo coming your way. Is joojoo like mojo? vibes? luck?
You northern peeps confuse me at times. :)
I always wonder what people do w/ their dogs during heavy winter storms.....suppose they hunker down and rest like humans.
I hope the job situation with vegas is good....that would not add to your fun of moving.
my dogs are not full of overflowing energy, they're full of overflowing other things that they won't do outside because it's too cold. Yay? My only complaint about small dogs...small feet that get cold as hell...
Joo joo broken, but positive thoughts all the same?
I'm fine and have had confirmation that my job is secure, but a few friends have lost their jobs (or have had notification that they are under review) - after all the stress of the Avid restructuring and then the Autodesk acquisition, this is water off a duck's back really.
The positive thing about this restructure is that it is a proactive one - the company is still cash rich and is performing well, but they are nervous over the year ahead. Hopefully it's sufficient to protect the rest of the company until this recession starts to alleviate.
My thoughts are with those that have lost their job.
Let's face it, companies are using this "recession" (which if every financial analyst would stop running at the mouth in the media probably wouldn't be as bad) to their advantage and leaning out the workforce, when they probably wouldn't really need to.
But I'm glad you're alright. I'm sure that's a load off TD's mind :)
yeah, you know how it is - easy to get rid of people when there is a recession. No arbitration panel is going to argue...
Those friends that have lost their jobs today have all received decent packages thankfully, even those in the US where they aren't entitled to more than two weeks notice
I'm confused by what joojoo is. Is it like money? Because if so, I want some of it too.
I woke up to negative 2 degrees this morning. My car could only register zero though. I sure hope you get the place and everything works out for you both. And with the workforce and economy in the tank, I hope no one loses their job for a while...it sucks!
Joojoo is good vibes. Geez.
*joojoos*
Good luck dahling!
I'm definitely sending good mojo your way. And I feel you on the dog thing, Jasper absolutely adores this weather.
I have to get up a half hour earlier in morning so he'll do his business before I head off to work. He just gets so preoccupied dragginhg me into large snow drifts.
More good joojoo from me and my furries *fingers crossed* and all that good stuff :)
that's always nerve wracking when you know something is coming like that but you have no idea what to expect. There doesn't seem to be an industry or country that isn't affected in some way. I hope he's going to keep his job!
btw, lol @ the umlaut on Über. :D
Urrrghh I hope all goes well with the job thing. =S
All the good joojoo I can send is being sent to you both. Keep us updated!
I am so excited for you!
Post a Comment