This is your chance to wave hello - indulge me a little! I know I have a few faithful readers but it's hard to really know who reads my daily crap... So. Yeah. John Hancock this blog!
Or else seventeen innocent kittens will die.
(he he)
I'm on a high again despite the financial blocks that are preventing me from being fully enthusiastic about building my own little dog hotel. Holy mother of allah is it going to cost a fortune. Short of winning a small chunk of change from the lottery, I don't know what to do... The bank will only lend me so much money and it's not even enough to cover half of the business start-up costs!
*flails arms in the air*
And no, I have no rich uncles or anything who are on the verge of dying and leaving me inheritance. Nada, zilch.
And yes, we will be scrambling to get as much help as possible to do the work ourselves but the costly things have to go to professionals (architect, contractor for flooring and building shell, electrician, plumber, permits, bla bla bla). And thems not cheap.
Anyone have any brilliant ideas on how to raise cash, fast??
My head is spinning... but it's at least screwed on tight and we're going ahead with the project, no matter what. It'll be a couple months later than planned cuz right now there are no suitable properties for sale, which is OK: I believe Karma has something really sweet lined up for us so in the end, it will all have been worth it.
I promised myself that before I hit 40, I'd have some big dreams under my belt: owning my own house, doing a job I love: all coming very soon! Finding the man of my dreams and getting married was just a bonus, so I consider myself lucky... *clears throat*
So! Happy Friday everyone, make it count!
PS: the current poll is making me laugh my arse off: WTF, people! LOL
PPS: don't forget the little post voting buttons in the pink box just below... I loves them. So should you!
/end of Gonna Find My Way Home post/
13 comments:
I am not a lurker. there.
For raising some cash...I hear there is really good money in meth labs. really.
Or dancing. You can dance, right?
I'm not a lurker, but I've been a craptastic commentor lately!
Still lovin' the blog TD!!!
Try selling a kidney, if you have one to spare. I hear those can catch a pretty penny. I've got mine on reserve for grad school payments.
organ sales.
I need a new kitchen, mine is falling apart (literally, thank you ex husband with your spouse's name and his goddamned temper for breaking all the doors off the hinges), so I've been thinking pretty much the same thing. How much can I sell and how.
I have a flute that's worth more than a new kitchen, but I can't sell that.
Yep. Organ sales....
I'm not a true lurker in that I've left comments before. And I absolutely love the pups!
I've no ideas for raising $$. Tell the furkids to get a job. LOL.
Also, congrats on your recent wedding!
- Kathryn
oh oh oh, live with Guy Laliberte, have a kid, then demand a 50 mil payoff and 56000 a month support.
Heh.
I lurk -= just been super busy lately with work and catching up on everything.
I'm definitely NOT a people person.
I'm a lurker. I voted yawn just because I buckled under the pressure.
It'll all work out. Quit worrying. :)
North shore! WOOOO!!!
lurker here - guilty as charged. i'll try to do better and leave a comment now and then. like ur blog tho! :) :)
Take it as it comes.....you are so determined....I can hear it.....It's gonna happen!
At work, they always tell me....you've got that, "don't fuck with me look today".....I finally freaking started today......thank GAWD!
"Or else seventeen innocent kittens will die." Holy crap! I'm here! Don't kill the kittens!
=p
SAVE THE KITTENS!!!
Also, get yourself a lotto ticket. Over 40 big ones tonight. Which reminds me, I have to run out to get one too.
Just catching up on blogs. I think your business idea is SUBLIME! Doggie Hotel? Combining your interests with a great need in the community! How ingenious!
As far as the money...add a widget where folks can make donations to your cause! I'd donate! Maybe your faithful readers would too! Then you could always ebay a TON of stuff - clothes you dont need...sell them to thrift stores...I mean, there are a ton of things you could do, but it seems frugal...girl, I have ideas if you want them all *smile*
Post a Comment