I feel the pressure. The gun's not cocked or anything, but I still feel its presence: what the HELL am I going to do with my life now, job-wise?
Standing at the edge of a precipice, looking for a bridge. Vegas is my net but I can still see the abyss through the cracks.
I need to sit down and take stock, but this is wasting time, precious time. My legs are weak and I so need a break, but force of habit from running most of my life: stopping means failure.
I cannot fail.
The glimmer of hope that was a job offer earlier this week got extinguished as I do not want it, regardless of the awesome pay and coworkers: the commute would absolutely shatter me and the work itself is duller than cold oatmeal.
Am I not destined for greatness?
/end of Heart On A Tightrope post/
10 comments:
Yes you are. Now chill Winston.
Damn PMS days.
*sigh*
Yes you are! And no matter what, you can live off of your photographs. i do believe you're a talent photographer, and there are always willing buyers out there.
Enghhhhh photography is hard to live off of, my ex husband was/is a photographer...as you know I do concert stuff...it's not easy to be an artist for a living and you need to always have something to back you up because people will never pay you for your time unless you're established and can say no to crap....
That being said, you have a bit of a safety net being laid off, I know the amount you'll receive is shit but, give yourself some time. Because you have that time right now.....you have to decide what you want.
You and I are very similar in the "constantly moving" and cannot fail thing, for me it's because I'm alone....I can't fail...you're not at this point in time, take advantage....I agree with Vegas. Chill. It's something I've just recently learned to do due to slow South American influences.....
Yes, Winston. Things take time. You need to relax. Stopping isn't failure. Stopping isn't giving up.
Worst case scenario- you can always live in my basement and pay me rent.
YEY!
It'll be ok, said pessimist prin (so you have to believe her).
Of course you are.....just allow this to open up whatever it may.....I think as long as your proactive, something will show. Hang in there.....
Just think of yourself as the Barack Obama of Canada, despite a crappy situation right now, soon you'll ascend to the highest position in...um...Canada, which is pretty cool except most Americans still won't know who you are.
Toughgirl, that would be a nice dream but it's only a hobby unless a miracle happens...
Myself, exactly. People are cheap, LOL! And everybody says I need to learn to breathe and use this opportunity to relax a bit. But damn it's hard, I'm so anxious about not working it's driving me bonkers.
Yey, if you sez so... *wink* Oh and when is that basement done? cuz I will come see it soon, ya know!
WW, I intend to look for work every single day, at least for an hour or two. And am crossing my fingers and eyes...
Frank, hmmm Prin wants to be the Prime Minister, I suppose I could always be her cookie-maker...
I hear ya on the job front. Why is it so darn hard to find jobs we love quite easily?
Daring, today I had a major revelation... I need to MAKE my own job. Holy cow.
Post a Comment