Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Gone missing

Got the news last night that one of my friend's brothers has gone missing since last Thursday.

He went in to his new job, went on a morning coffee break with some colleagues and just disappeared. My friend is frantic; the police have been alerted but so far, no sign of life.

I thought this shit only happened to "other people".

It stinks when you suddenly become the "other people".

/end of Worried Sick post/

7 comments:

prin said...

I know. You always wonder how that stuff happens to other people and never expect anything remotely like that to happen to you...

Good luck to your friend.

myself said...

I've been the other people twice. Once when my friend Anne-Marie Edward died at the Polytechnique - and once when my friend Bob went missing a few years ago (last seen alive at my home - conversations with police officers are always amusing).

Neither had a good outcome - obviously we know what happened at the Poly - and Bob fell thru the ice on the lake and his body was found later on in the spring.

It ain't good when you're the other people. And I'm thinking about your friend....and hoping for a GOOD outcome

Sweet T said...

Wow. You are so right though. When you here of things you never think that one day you may be one of "those" people.
Good Luck, I hope everything works out okay. *fingers crossed*

Kelly Ann said...

Holy moly! Well I do hope yours is a happy ending, and not what is the usual.. Keep your chin up.

KA said...

Good luck to your friend. I've been hte other people once (military related) and I would never wish that stress on anyone.

Technodoll said...

Thanks everyone... I hope to get good news soon, I can't bear anything terrible happening to their family :-(

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Ok...so what happened?!?!?!?!