Wednesday, November 19, 2008

And then there was Fate

Well. I won't bother you too much with details on the horrid sleepless night I had, interspersed with nauseating nightmares (even got Vegas queasy when I gave him the outline), suffice to say I'm not in the best of states today.

Still no appetite so no breakfast, forced down a fast-food lunch of loaded calories to punish my stomach but clearly I am not the boss in this situation...

ARSE!

Um. Well. I must be born with a horseshoe up my butt because despite feeling like shite and looking the part, I nailed that job interview this afternoon. Yep. They want me to start next Wednesday!

I tried to push to December 1st but oh well... it is how it is, I guess. Fate, destiny, lucky "right time, right place, right person" kinda thing. They're totally awesome, eh? I think I'll love it there :-)

Did I mention they are a five-minute walk from my place?

He he!

OK time to get the kids from the dogsitter's, then it's dinner for everyone, red wine and a movie for mom n'dad.

PS: thanks for all your encouraging good luck vibes, they WORKED!

/end of Wow, Talk About Fate! post/

13 comments:

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

OH MY FREAKIN GOODNESS! CONGRATULATIONS LADY!

I am so happy for you. With all that worrying - for naught.

See..I told you to enjoy your down time...who knew you would have so little of it (*wink*)

A new job! OH CONGRATS GIRLIE!
:-)

prin said...

YEY! That's awesome! :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

5 minute walk???? I can't even get to my neighbors house that quick!! Sounds like destiny. It may be much better than you think.....awesome news.
take care,
Suz

Sweet T said...

So so awesome! I am so happy for you :D

myself said...

woo hoo I told ya you rock, you just didn't believe any of us!

Technodoll said...

Daring, now it's your turn! I feel it in my booooones! yey! All about the karma :-)

Prin, yey! Well let's wait for the formal offer and then we can celebrate... it was a big blur today.

Busy Bee, I know! Dreamy commute, isn't it? :-D

SweetT, thank you!

Myself, I apparently have a self-confidence issue. Sigh.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

When one door closes.....another door opens......that's how it's supposed to happen :o)

Congratulations!

Rachel said...

HOORAY!!!!!

Katie said...

Congratulations! So excited for you!

Frank said...

Hooray, congratulations!


Doesn't that horseshoe hurt a bit?

Technodoll said...

LOL well I'm hoping the horseshoe luck will hold, still waiting for a formal job offer... I expect it to come in by tomorrow but still "you never know".

*crosses fingers*

Lola Smiles said...

awesome. congrats! :)

Technodoll said...

Well, am wrangling with the offer details now... not sure if it will have a happy ending or not :-/