Sunday, November 16, 2008

Belated scones

Remember the cheese scones I made the other night? Well, here they are... Admittedly they look like crap in the photo but trust me, in real life they were pretty rockin'... served hot with melted butter, perfect for dipping in creamy soup! :-D

Um, yeah... I just made another cake... it's cooling right now and the whole place smells like a warm chocolate hug. The icing will go on later and then we DIVE into warm fresh cake with a tall cold glass o'milk, how about that for a Sunday night?

Confession: dinner is spicy olive-oil roasted fingerling potatoes, fresh poached asparagus with lemon and creamy baked orange squash with butter and brown sugar.

Gotta fatten up for the long winter months ahead, no?

*grins*

Had an interesting time this afternoon - Vegas wanted to trade in some of his xbox games at the Future Shop downtown so off we went... Only when we got there, people were streaming out cuz of the fire alarm! LOL! Shivering employees in t-shirts huddling around the entrance, stamping their feet to keep warm while impatient customers said "fuck it" and just left...

We waited around a bit and finally made it in, got the goods and left in record time. Yep. Empty store, twas awesome.

No fire, just a false alarm of course.

Well, tomorrow is Monday and it's gonna be strange. I'm officially unemployed now.

I should feel more stressed about it but man, I'm just too tired... Looking around this place makes it worse - sooo cruddy, it will need hours of work to get it clean again [price to pay for months of laziness] and I know I'll feel all better when it's done. Logical! But... ugghh.

Laundry and ironing.
Washing the floors and carpet.
Bathing one of the dogs.
Complete kitchen cleaning, including fridge and stove.
Bathroom mega-clean.
Trip to the locker to drop stuff off.
Banking, phone calls, post office.

...and I really want to get some colour and a haircut!

*runs around flailing arms*

Notice the list didn't include a potential job interview or looking for work. Sigh. Melonhead accidentally nailed me on the chin with a back foot while I was grooming him this morning, so I have a nasty red crusty scratch to show the world now. Supercrap.

Kay, gotta finish the veggie dinner now.

/end of I Love Cake post/

8 comments:

myself said...

Seriously....I'll pay you to come do the above list at my house, forget unemployment LOL

Ok, I admit, I'm the kind that would clean before the cleaning lady, so, well, maybe not!

Ah. You have an interview, you'll probably be working again before long, and in the meantime, do the stuff that us working stiffs don't have time to do.

Oh and enjoy. Try. and relax. Again, try....

B said...

Uhm. Those scones look amazing. I am drooling.

A lot.

Busy Bee Suz said...

The scones look amazing. The dinner sounds like something I would pay big money to eat!!!
Your house list looks long and daunting. you would be better off just focusing on one room at a time....says the girl with a.d.d.
Good luck. :)
Suz

Technodoll said...

Myself, no interview confirmed yet... just crossing my fingers! And in the meantime, dusting and mopping and decluttering... sigh.

Deutlich, do check out tomorrow's cake photo then :-D

Busy Bee, for real? LOL! Lordy, we just had a big ol'sweet mama squash to use, found those awesome fingerling taters and the asparagus was on sale... so there ya go. And yes for the one room at a time, I can't do more without killing myself! LOL

anuday said...

I love scones, but then I am English. My favourites are Cherry ones, but those cheese ones look delish.

prin said...

lol! With that list, you're officially a housewife. YEY!

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Yum...those look delicious!

Technodoll said...

Anuday, I've never had cherry scones... wow! Do you have a recipe??

Prin, yep. Totally!

Daring, delish and fattening and not really in that order :-o