Holy crap is this ever a lot of work!
Just when you think you've packed most stuff up you realize uh-oh, I forgot this corner... this cupboard... behind this door... all the while scrambling to do the last loads of laundry in a room that's turned into a maze of boxes, taking care of two confused doggies, cleaning and dusting, planning meals that will empty out the fridge and freezer and time all the paperwork that's due - it's enough to make a hulk out of anyone, LOL!
My hands are cracked and creaky from washing dust and dirt off them every 15 minutes.
*creak creak creak*
Ah well, all part of the adventure - no pain, no gain right? We sign for the house in three days so focusing on that makes it all right!
The city is doing its best to bid us a grand farewell: super loud neighbors, construction work even on Sunday, crazy church bells and an endless stream of car alarms and sirens: police, ambulance, firetrucks, you name it - we've timed them on average every 12 minutes pretty much 20 hours a day the past few weeks.
Last night there must have been a police chase that was going around in circles around our neighborhood because the wailing sirens went on for a good 40 minutes, if not more - we just laughed because it's so ludicrous, what else is there to do?
Anybody who tries to tell me that living in the city rocks, I will personally challenge them to spend ONE DAY in this godforsaken apartment and then we'll talk!
*clears throat of pollution*
LOL I just noticed the walls now sport rectangles of dirt where the paintings used to be. Oh well :-D
The more I de-clutter, the more I like living with less. I think I surrounded myself with "stuff" over the years to compensate for feeling so empty inside. Now it's all dusted, cleaned and packed in boxes and I don't remember half of what was there before.
I might need therapy!
/end of Happy Monday, Everyone! post/
14 comments:
You may just leave some stuff in boxes when you get to the new house!!! Reduction is a good thing.
Good luck with your last few days of packing....oh the joy of it all.
lol at lest you get 4 hours with no noise , the noise never stops here . good luck with the packing , i always end up calling my mom because i get so lost trying to finish i forget everything.
you go girl
Busy Bee, I'm enjoying the process even if it's tiring... I feel alive!
Miss Pink, where do you live??
Vegas, it's your turn Wednesday!
and now you know why I decided to buy the house from my ex!
I hate moving!
LOL I don't think anyone ever ENJOYS moving... or do they?? the sick bastids!
Not therapy - you just need to not be a packrat !!! I mean, HONESTLY! My boyf is the same way - he keeps everything. As soon as I realize I don't use/need something, I want to sell or throw away. He wants to horde and keep just in case something comes up later.
which it never does.
booh.
BTW - keep us posted on the move. i want more picture of lovely outdoors-ness
Ugh, I am having flashbacks to when I packed to move to China. It sucks! I feel for you, hang in there! It'll all be over soon and then you can UNPACK everything you just packed. :D
Kat, there will be green pics AND less clutter, I promise! I'm all for new beginnings :)
Rebecca, oh lordy did you HAVE to remind me... LOL! I'm sooo not there right now!
I feel your moving pains girlie! I have been there so many times. I have moved more times than I care to remember. But like you too - I had collecting things to fill a void - but each time I moved, I purged them to start anew.
Good luck with getting it all done to your satisfaction. Well done... :)
Hehe . . . my other half LOVES a "clean, modern" look. We have done this in our living room and I actually love him, despite the fact that I fought him on it AND it looks sooo different from when I furnished it when I first moved in as a single woman. Moving sucks, but take it as a time to purge the old before you get to the new as well!
Good luck with the rest of the packing. And do enjoy it . . . look at where you're going to, woman!
Daring, I cannot imagine moving as often as you have had to do... you're so courageous! Remember the silverfish place? LOL :-D
Kathryn, we may end up with a "clean look" by default for the first few months, I have no idea how to decorate such a big house! help!
Lady B, you bet! I'm pretty relaxed about it since I started packing two months ago, LOL! no rush and no stress :)
TD,
The clean look is actually growing on me. Makes cleaning MUCH MUCH easier. And I don't mind that one bit.
:o)
Post a Comment