Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hiding

How do people go to sleep?
I'm afraid I've lost the knack. I might try busting myself smartly over the temple with the night-light. I might repeat to myself, slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound; if I can remember any of the damn things.

~Dorothy Parker

3 comments:

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

I have had trouble sleeping many nights. My remedy is jack & coke before dinner, sominex or a sauna-esque hot shower...feel free to steal my remedies, but I hope you get good sleep soon!

C said...

geeeez when ya dont get sound sleep, it makes everything so dreary, energy sucking and difficult to even do auto pilot stuff. are you worried about something... or needing something [aside from sleep, that is]...
benadryl works as a harmless sleep aid, we use it in hospital.

hope you are able to refresh yourself ASAP.

take care, hon...

C

Kathryn said...

hide. hiding is so what i have wanted to do this week.

benedryl is always good . . . i've used that on occasion as well as melatonin (herb thing). although, there are some nights where i'd just rathe someone hit me over the head with a 2 by 4. no joke. ok, maybe i joke a little.

*sigh* is it friday yet?????