Friday, June 19, 2009

Holy crap!

The poll is skinny, go feed it your vote!

This is our last Friday in this small city apartment... in a week we're gone! Still seems unreal, despite the mountains of boxes and piles of furniture crowding our floor space.

*pauses to sip hot latte*

I'm flat like a pancake today, energy-wise. Slept well but not enough or maybe it's the heavy grey weather... dunno. My camera is finally ready so my biggest task of the day will be to walk over there with the dogs to get it... I might pack a couple boxes, we'll see.

My brain is humming nap, bubble-bath, hot tea and a book, la-la-laaaa!

Trying to tune it out.

There's a fucking dog barking non-stop somewhere on the street. Yap yap yap. Shaddap already! Gaaah!

I read a good joke the other day:

A butcher saw a lawyer passing by his shop one day, and asked him: "Atty! What would you do if a dog came in here and stole my meat?"

The lawyer replied: "Why, I'd make the owner pay for it!"

The butcher said: "Is that so... Well, now you owe me $15 because it was your dog!"

The lawyer replied: "Very well, just deduct the $15 from the $25 you owe me for the legal advice. I’ll collect the remaining $10 the next time I pass by here."

I'm trying to keep this post light and airy as 'tis Friday and nobody wants to read about doom n'gloom, big emotional dramas and whatnot. What can I say? Life is good lately and I've nothing much to rant about... I'm keeping that for after we move and discover a whole lotta crap about the property that we have no idea about and no money to fix!

That dog is STILL barking and I just took a 20-minute break from writing this post.

Motherflipper.

Um, it looks like we maaaay get an addition to our family at the end of July... I say may, as we still need to get more info on the puppies this weekend. They're 3 weeks old now and the mom died last week, they're being bottle-fed and whatnot. Dad is a saint-bernard and mom was a saint and bernese mountain dog mix. Supposedly.

We did say we wanted a big farm dog... if we can give a girl a good home and the timing is right.... OMG are we getting in too deep??

11 comments:

Kathryn said...

An addition to the family?!!? Awww, how sweet. Puppy smell. I miss having a four-legged creature. To indulge in one again now would not be prudent. *demmit*

Ooooo, bubble bath + book -- now THAT sounds nice. Much nicer than working and pouring over pages and pages of information. Oh joy.

So excited for you and your big move. Are the furkids getting introduced to their soon to be new home?

Thoroughly thrilled it's the weekend. I need some extree sleeping time. No joke. It'd be nice to take on a cooking/baking task this weekend. Hmmmm . . .

Happy Friday

prin said...

I'd so never do a puppy. *blushes* After fostering the two, I much prefer adopting older doggies...

Before Megan whose blog I read had her kidney out to give it to her brother, I so would have been a 'yes' person. Now... not so much. It's scary stuff...

Technodoll said...

Kathryn, we'll decide on the puppy after we've gone to see her... I need more info on this before we make a move. And the b-bath... not gonna happen, that was just wishful thinking! LOL Enjoy your weekend!

Prin, yeah I'm keeping my two kidneys, thankyouverymuch! and we both love puppies so who knows, this might turn out well for everyone.

Curly said...

The poll is too low on your page!! Even when you get to the end of today's blog, you can't see it.

Another puppy? That's like having three kids - you'll be outnumbered!!

Damita said...

puppys rock , my moms dobermans will be kicking out puppys on july 18th . i cant wait as both dogs are great and dobermans are so cute.
the only problem is both dogs are bigger then me and think they are lapdogs .

myself said...

3 dogs is hard. And mine are teensy. Keep that in mind. I had 4 at one time. Insanity.

Technodoll said...

Curly, I fixed it juuuust for you :-)

Pink, yeah dobies are like that... I had two before and they're big babies!

Myself, as we only have dogs and no other pets and we'll both be mostly working from home on a big farm... s'all good, not that much more work going from 2 to 3 ;-)

Busy Bee Suz said...

I can't believe you are moving so soon...I am so excited for you both.
The new baby? If you can, you know you should. You can help a little one out..you have the room, the love and the HEART for helping out a pup.
Oh the joy...new home, new stuff, new business, new baby.
When is the shower? I will send diapers. I mean pee pee cleaner.

Technodoll said...

OMG we spoke to the woman who has the pups and she was absolutely horrid, she's not vaccinating the pups or anything despite the mom dying a week after they were born, they were born in the dog house and they don't have much human contact, etc etc - real hicks and it was too much of a risk.

But... fate pushed us towards another litter of pups and our new boy comes home to us in 5 weeks... I will blog about it tomorrow, with pics!!

Curly said...

thanks!! Gotta see those crazy polls!!

Technodoll said...

there's a new one up!