Thursday, June 25, 2009

...aaaand we're off!

Please wish us luck that all goes well!

Losing one's property virginity is something to be excited about... scared... nervous... giddy....

We're driving to the new place in 10 minutes (it's an hour away if there's no traffic), the notary's this morning and then we get the keys to the house!

*fights panic attack*

Today is horrendously hot and humid, we're leaving the A/C on in the bedroom for the dogs and hope they'll be OK... they haven't been alone for an entire day in months. Pray they don't freak out - the little one already puked her breakfast this morning, she looks calm but the stress is getting to everyone.

Vegas got soaked packing up the car with all the tidbits... If we bring a load of stuff over today then that saves time with the movers tomorrow - we're looking at 6 to 7 hours of moving time at $120 per hour so every little bit helps!

Must also get the new car registration done today, some banking, unload the car, get the groceries done and the propane tank guy is also coming over to the new house this afternoon.

I just hope we can come back in time to avoid all the disgusting traffic (road construction is the pits in the summer) and before the dogs eat the furniture or pass out of heat stroke. A/C, please do NOT conk out! We needs you!

All right.

Here we go.

*deep breath*

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Good luck today to the lot of you! The fur kids will do great, though I know stress can greatly affect akitas. I'll keep my paws crossed for them!

It's exciting to be along for the ride of this with you. And can't wait to hear that you have the keys in hand and are staking your claim in your new home. :o)

Stay cool and calm. This is all you and Vegas!

Happy Thursday.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Good luck. I hope all goes smoothly.

Frank said...

Ooh boy, Techno is about to become a country-fied hick :)

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

LUCK!! ("Losing One's Property Virginity)...LOL...I must be a Property whore...two houses later now living in an apartment, I need to fire my pimp LOL

Enjoy your new place!! And pace yourself - so happy for you!