Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snow day

It's a winter white-out today... Big, fat lazy snowflakes piling up into giant snowdrifts and covering everything in a soft white blanket of pretty. Sure am glad we don't have to drive anywhere in the next couple of days, the roads are a nightmare and will likely be worse tomorrow.

I took the kids out twice this afternoon for a play in the snow, it was that lovely. Now the weekend draws to a close and I hardly saw any of it go by... Still 2.5 work days to go before I can kick back and enjoy the holidays, and I need to get crackin' on a few things - Christmas stockings don't fill themselves, unfortunately!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend and to all Montrealers, happy shoveling! :-)

8 comments:

KA said...

I'm in cali where it's nice and warm... but i miss my beau. Is that a good sign? I can't tell anymore.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Do you mean to tell me santa does not fill the stockings? shocked. then who does mine? *confused*
I bet the snow is lovely....so glad it is with you and not me. ;)

prin said...

I've never done stockings. I have no idea what goes into them. Clementines? No idea.

Not happy shoveling. *rubs shoulders*

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

I think snow is the most beautiful when it falls overnight to allow the world to wake up and see it all cold, crisp and untouched.
Not a fan of freezing my butt off with temperatures below 0 (ie what I am dealing with), but when I dont have to drive around in it, its cool how it covers everything...

Christmas is soon here...hubby and I will be taping together move boxes vs Christmas gifts...but our gift is San Diego...and we open ours delayed, but soon!!! :-)

Tonya said...

although I'm happy not to be freezing my butt off, i'll bet it looks beautiful outside. We're finally starting to get "weather" here in LA with some rain.

Frank said...

I broke two snow shovels yesterday trying to dig through the 4-foot wall that the snow plows left when they FINALLY came through.

Now I know what I'm getting my parents for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

It was pretty shit in Ontario too. I pretty much shoveled all weekend.

Jinx helped by attacking the shovel.

That didn't help at all.

I'm sore.

And this mornings rounds for work sucked.

Still

Winter is WAY better than summer.

myself said...

I don't find beauty in the winter, all I see is inconvenience.

I suck!