Friday, December 12, 2008

On being yourself

Every time you don't follow your inner guidance,
you feel a loss of energy, loss of power, a sense of spiritual deadness.
~Shakti Gawain

9 comments:

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

OH SO TRUE! Great quote and great image!

Katie said...

Okay, I'm taping this to my forehead. And tatooing it on my hand. Just to make sure I remember it.

myself said...

sadly for those around me, I have no trouble being myself at all time - good and the bad (mostly bad...hehhe)

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

Is it okay if I copy off you and like, have pictures and quotes too on my blog? I won't do it if you don't like it...=S

Najia said...

Loved the religion post and this post. Great words.

For a lot of things, I don't refer to my Quran or some other text....I look to my dogs. Be loyal, love unconditionally, set up your boundaries, savor every treat that life offers, and take the time to enjoy the little things in life. May sound simplistic, but it is true for me.

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow, myself will be 31.

Where the fuck did the time go.

Maybe if I just curl up in a corner and rock back and forth, it won't happen!

Lakeland Jo said...

I love Shakti Gawain's book Creative Visualisation. When I was sick last year I read her book a lot and it really helped

Lakeland Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Damn. I was about to comment with the same exact thing Its Just Me commented with. lol