Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Long-overdue rant

My blogging gumption is sitting on a back burner these days... Have ya noticed?

*opens eyes wide in astonishment*

Days are strange lately. Been having quite a few heated discussions with Vegas over trivial stuff, which end in us yelling at each other and it's so crappy. It never lasts long and there is plenty of making up afterwards but I'm left every time with a residual feeling of "yuck" that is hard to shake. So dumb and most of it is my fault, which I blame on extreme tiredness and feeling frustrated that my life is on hold until April or so. Until we buy our house in the country and get the fuck out of this city, until I can finally set up my dog kenneling business.

Facing a long, harsh winter isn't optimal, either.

Right, OK, it's not all doom and gloom since it's Christmas super soon, then New Year's, then we get married, we have a short honeymoon, it's my bday not long after that, then St-Valentines, then Vegas leaves for a week-long visit to the UK. At that point I will probably officially lose my mind.

I might need to hand out shovels to you guys so you can scrape me off the sidewalk like old dog doo.

Almost lunchtime, then another long undending afternoon of work. Then one more tomorrow. Then five glorious days off. I can do it, I can do it, babysteps will lead me to springtime and to my life-long dream. Must not falter, must keep my head high towards the horizon.

Is that Santa I hear?

/end of Lord Jeebus or Elvis Help Meh! post/

14 comments:

myself said...

I can't say anything and won't at this point because I have nothing but a negative outlook on everything upcoming with exception of a week and a half off.

So...chin up, things will get better, at least a few days off should help.

Piper said...

Oh gosh... sounds like a good break will do you good! I am so happy school is over for a couple of weeks, I thought my head was going to spin off the week of finals, but I survived, just like you will :)

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

And so near to Christmas. Tis the season to be jolly, no?

Busy Bee Suz said...

You have a lot coming up and lots of GOOD stuff to look forward to.
Stop w/ the petty arguments. Does you NO good. ;)
Now, go and be a good girl. Santa is still watching you.

Passionate Eater said...

I think some eating and drinking will cure any strange feelings that you have. Warm soup, warm cocoa, and spiked cider and eggnog might do the trick!

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Girl! You sound like me!

Just one thing to say to you:

This too shall pass....

hang in there.

Tonya said...

wow, good for you for getting your business going! I know it probably seems a long way off, but it will all be here sooner than you think. I would say, enjoy the ride...but I know sometimes the ride sucks and you just want to get out of the moving car...so I won't. :)

Lola Smiles said...

tis the season to argue. *sigh*
don't sweat the small stuff.

Merry Xmas to you, Vegas and the beanies! Stay safe!

luv ya
Lola Smiles

Anonymous said...

Oooooo I wish I was independently wealthy so I could open a kennel business in the country and not care that I have a 1 km long drive to plow because I have time and an ATV with a blade on it ooooooooooooo one day.

Also, vegas is a lucky man. Not many women admit arguments are their fault :P

Vegas said...

I printed this blog and framed it - it's the best gift I think she's ever given me :)

Seriously though, she has been really unreasonable and unfair recently. Luckily for her I'm a very patient guy so I'm sticking it out. She needs me to marry her otherwise she'll become a weirdo dog-woman spinster. Christmas is the time for charity, so I think I'm doing good work here.

(for all you ignorant yanks, that was sarcasm. It may well be the lowest form of wit, but it is also the funniest)

*grin*

PS - they did a survey of intelligence recently and established that only really dumb people read blog comments with their hand resting on their mouse.

PPS - I havent even started drinking yet.

PPPS - Merry Chrismas :)

myself said...

I understood your sarcasm Vegas. Must be all that British chockie I eat *burp!* (or my heritage and having a sarcastic bastard Scot as a grandfather...however...).

At least TD won't join me in the ranks of the crazy dog lady....only room for me in there :)

Frank said...

If I were there, I'd help shovel you off the sidewalk :) My shoveling muscles have developed quite nicely in the past few days.

Lola Smiles said...

'a weirdo dog-woman spinster.'

that is SO ME!! lmao. ;0

Rebecca Foster said...

I heard Canadian winters can make anyone crazy.

And, can I have your apartment when you vacate it?

Hang in there!