Sunday, December 28, 2008

Is housewifing wrong?

I mean, I love working just as much as anybody else: the financial independence, the sense of accomplishment, the fun coworkers, the paycheck, the paycheck, the paycheck.

Sigh. Not looking forward to tomorrow morning, bleh! Why the fuck do I have to work, isn't everybody else still on holidays? *cries*

I think I wouldn't have minded being a 1950's housewife, to be honest. The tacky feathered mules, the dry martinis at 5pm, baking bread and scrubbing floors. Hours in the hair salon, gossiping about the friar boning his house cleaner. Greeting my husband at the end of the day with a hot meal, spending his money on new wallpaper for the guest bedroom. That kind of thing.

OK, I'm kidding!

A little.

Getting my own business off the ground will be house-wifey, though, don't you think? I mean I will get to stay home most of the day, decorating and painting the kennel, our house, landscaping our gardens. I'll be dogsitting once we have clients, so that'll be like having kids in a way.

I'll have to feed them, do the dog laundry, exercise and groom them. I can have that beer in the middle of a hot summer day if I so choose, and when things are quiet I'll finally have a kitchen big enough to bake bread in.

Hey! Housewife to the doggies, LOL! I hope Vegas won't mind...

It's my dream life, and it will all come true in a few months.

Hard work up ahead. Very hard.

I can't freaking WAIT!

In the meantime, it's up again at 7am tomorrow morning for a day in jail, oops I mean the office, and then another one, and then a few days off to celebrate the New Year. We're driving to my dad's (with the furkids), thankfully Vegas drives now so I can relax in the car on the way up. I suck at driving long distances. Meaning further than 30 minutes.

*hangs head in shame*

So tired. I rested on boxing day but that was it. Got swollen raw hamburger instead of back muscles, breathing hurts and there's nothing I can do except take anti-inflamatories and hope for the best.

Wow listen to me, I'm turning into an old gummer. I should take my glass of ovaltine and head to bed for 8:30pm to complete the picture.

Sorry, folks :-o

\end of Miserable Cow post\

6 comments:

myself said...

Oooo housewife? Maybe you yes. Me, um, no. I already failed at that once, I've learned I'm incapable. I'd rather spend the day at work than vacuum.

Sorry I took vacation. Cuz my industry doesn't stop, like, ever, so everyone else is in, just I didn't want to do it again. Will it help ease the pain if I say I have to keep an eye on my Blackberry cuz my boss is in Thailand and someone has to hold down the fort? :D

Katie said...

I'm back at work tomorrow too. Somedays I tell myself that it would be great to just stay home and be housewifey, and some days I believe myself. Some days I don't.

It's always easier to want the thing that doesn't wake you up at 6 a.m. That's my motto at least.

KA said...

There's nothing wrong with house wifey, so long as it's a personal choice. Ilike cleaning, painting and interior design and the like, that doesnt make me housewifey, does it?

Tonya said...

The staying at home thing would be great if I had a disposable income. being at home when you're trying to save money, not as much fun. I do think it's weird when companies don't always give people two weeks off around the holidays. It was the same where I used to work. I need to enjoy this last week off myself. I'm really nervous to start working again. I guess I shouldn't panic...worse comes to worse, I'm only committed for two weeks.

Frank said...

Well, technically you are old enough to be my mom, so don't feel too bad, gramma :P

prin said...

Mmm. Housewife. I like that life. All you need is a good man that makes you happy to make happy and you're set. Nothing wrong with that, I think. I don't know why feminism became all about the career instead of about having choices.

It's not even about waking up early either. You'll probably get less sleep with a kennel than you do now. But you'll be in better shape and you'll love it too. :)