Considering that so far, our "first anythings" have been pretty crappy - I hope that today has turned our luck around and that we're good from now on...
Our first Christmas together should be rockin'!
Vacation days are all set and family visits planned out, nothing too stressful but no boring bits either, woohooo! We be happy. I promised Vegas I'd try to get into the holiday spirit because "I love him that much" and it might be rubbing off on me.
Or the garlands and tacky decorations he hung everywhere are laced with air-released drugs. Wheeee! Only they did nothing to tame the freaking headache :-(
So. Saturday we went to pick out our tree, a fragrant six-foot tall baby that we named Gene. Got him all settled in to stretch and warm up and then found out that Gene is an alcoholic.
Gene drinks.
And drinks.
How can a tree possibly drink so much water?? Geez! And then for our thanks he shed a crapload of needles everywhere... Ah well, it's the price to pay for the real thing, eh? He sure smells good.
Today we got lights and a bright star for the top, put on our santa hats and the cheesy 1950's "Christmas classics" music and went crazy with the decorations!
Our first Christmas together should be rockin'!
Vacation days are all set and family visits planned out, nothing too stressful but no boring bits either, woohooo! We be happy. I promised Vegas I'd try to get into the holiday spirit because "I love him that much" and it might be rubbing off on me.
Or the garlands and tacky decorations he hung everywhere are laced with air-released drugs. Wheeee! Only they did nothing to tame the freaking headache :-(
So. Saturday we went to pick out our tree, a fragrant six-foot tall baby that we named Gene. Got him all settled in to stretch and warm up and then found out that Gene is an alcoholic.
Gene drinks.
And drinks.
How can a tree possibly drink so much water?? Geez! And then for our thanks he shed a crapload of needles everywhere... Ah well, it's the price to pay for the real thing, eh? He sure smells good.
Today we got lights and a bright star for the top, put on our santa hats and the cheesy 1950's "Christmas classics" music and went crazy with the decorations!
The Vegas who stole my hat:
Do I tell him he looks silly, or do you?... he he. We had a blast today and I'm sad the weekend disappeared so quickly. Now starts another long week of work, arctic temperatures (for the next two days) and the countdown to Christmas Crazy. Hope you all enjoy it too!
/end of Another Evaporated Weekend post/
18 comments:
Was this supposed to be posted tomorrow? lol
Silly? No. Hawt.
Love the in-front-of-the-ear braids. They're the best kind.
Oh, and they drink a lot when they were frozen and just woke up.
Great tree...never had a real one, so I bet the house smells all pine fresh!
Vegas doesnt look silly - he's quite handsome. You and he make such a cute couple - I am so happy the both of you are so happy - this Christmas will be a blast and its just beginning!
I'm happy things are faring well for the both of you and with your job, etc...Happy Holidays!!!!
Aww love your tree, it looks so festive. :)
Gene? You are a hoot. Gene is fabulous...I love a flamboyant man (or tree)
Hope you are feeling better...and ah, Vegas looks cute in the hat. Love the pose.
take care,
suz
Prin, yeah but since it had photos, I wanted to post to fix the formatting...$%?# blogger! And Gene is nice and warm now and is still drinking like a fish. I wonder what's up with that?
Daring, thank you for your happiness, it's contagious! *smells tree for Daring*
Chica, it's totally lovely in real life - so happy we did it. Your photos inspired me!
Busy Bee, I live with a bunch of clowns so what was adding one more... ha ha!
I think he looks kind of... adorable :-p As for your tree, it's GORGEOUS!!!!
Love the tree :)
nice xmas tree if you like that sort of thing. I think? I really don't have much of an opinion on that.
Vegas looks lovely in a Pippi Longstockings sort of way.
Techno, you can post and then unpost after... We'll still see it on our followy thingy, but we won't access the post till later. lol Maybe start it with, "Here's a preview of tomorrow's post" when you test publish it. :D
Gene be pimpin'
We've had pretty good luck when it comes to trees shedding, but ours always like to fall over in the middle of the night, which sends my dad jumping out of bed in full I'm-gonna-whip-some-burglar-ass mode.
Awe....I'm too cheap for a Christmas tree! haha
Kat, thank you!! I'm sure he's blushing now. The tree, I mean :-D
SweetT, it smells lovely too...
Myself, rotf @ pipi!!
Prin, my head hurt way too much to think of all that. ow ow ow.
Frank, Gene kept leaning so we had to tie him to the giant dog crate that's behind him. He better behave.
WW, too cheap or too busy! ;-)
Bananas!!
The pictures don't do the full gaudy crassness justice :) TD wouldn't let me drape it in tinsle garlands as it would be 'too much' - which is missing the point imo ;)
When we get the house next year then it's going to be _really_ gaudy. In Canadian tire (tyre) you can get a penguin riding a polar bear for outside. Soon, my darling, soon.....
Pipi (aka Vegas), I'd send you back to whence you came for those threats I tell ya!
Prin, I'm eating two a day but no respite. The nanas are tasty though.
Vegas, don't. you. DARE! LOL
Myself, or we could tie him out to a tree sometime in January... he he!
LadyB, don't rub the tree with catnip! LOL
Post a Comment