Bye-bye beautiful tree... sniff :(
I couldn't get all its height on the camera
but you get the idea!
Vegas spent a couple of hours hauling the debris to the ditches, branch by heavy branch... I helped a bit but most of my work is today, we just finished clearing up most of the mess and are now raking up leaves and smaller bits. A lot of bits.
So weird now to have a giant empty spot where the tree used to be.
Feels nekkid :-o
There is so much more light coming into the house now, all's well that ends well I guess. Next spring we'll make a rock garden out of that patch, there are wild rose bushes and lilac trees there so I imagine it'll be quite pretty.
Speaking of light! Looks like the month-long grey rainy weather is finally over, wooooo! The sun is out bright and warm and it's supposed to be like this for most of the week - bliss!
Hopefully the land will dry out so we can give it a good mow before winter... once the John Deere is fixed. It's been over six weeks. A-hem.
I'll leave you with a little update on Big Daddy, he's plumping up nicely with pastured grazing, fresh air and exercise - I'm so proud of our big boy! Such a giant goof too... Here he is following his "auntie" around, she owns Black (the other horse) and Big Daddy knows her pockets are always full of treats!
Mister Stomach McHungry:
Wishing you all a great weekend!
6 comments:
Seeing the tree get cut up hurt my heart!!! Poor tree. :)
Big Daddy is so pretty...and healthy and happy. I love that!!
awwww BD is looking wonderful. how i would love to meet him..
it has rained since i have been here at jo's except for 1/2 day yesterday. but its supposed to be sunny and hot monday/tuesday. yeah, we'll see.
i havent been posting but i have alot to post when i do.. i'm on vay cay, ya know... heehee
take care.. mon amie.
ps
your pictures are so beautiful! i love the fall foliage... we had it gorgous like that in malone when i was growing up... in nebraska there is a slight version but nebver as beautiful as the northeast. and here in NC at jo's, blahhhh all green to darker green as things die off...
I love rock gardens, I'm sure it will look lovely. Glad the tree was taken care of with no injuries, that's a big job!
Also, maybe I should have been a tree remover! I had no idea it cost that much.
Yay for Big Daddy's improving health!
I think your 'tree replacement' plans will be just beautiful...
Big Daddy is a-maz-ing! Am so glad he found a loving and caring home with you and Vegas. Lucky boy! You've done a wonderful job with his recovery - maybe another Big Daddy in your future????
Farmer
What a great savings on getting that tree down. Your plans for that area sound lovely. Big Daddy is looking so good. That is what love does. My weekend was great!
Post a Comment