Thursday, March 12, 2009

*stares blankly at blog page*

Words aren't flowing this morning, probably a side-effect of all the junky food I've been eating recently. Clogs up the brain.

It's so bright and sunny right now, I can see my reflection in the laptop screen and wouldn't you know it: flabby chin is starting to set in. I knew it: age stops for no one. Flabby old-person skin... I can't wait to be done with this unhealthy lifestyle, you know?

I'm not saying that finding that magical house out in the country will fix all problems, that's just avoidance. However, it will force me to be more physically active, I'll get a helluva lot more fresh air, I'll be doing things I love every day and the change in pace of life and stresses will do a world of good.

I knows it :-)

Two good things happened yesterday:

1- I eliminated one region where we were looking for a house. Had never been around there before and people said it was very nice so I went to see. Um, not for me eh? It felt so alien, empty, desolate and poor that I almost got hives! I had to high-tail it out of there before panic set in - narrow escape, no cheap house is worth living in those conditions. *shudder*

2- Vegas will probably get the OK to work from home almost full-time, so that means we can expand our search a bit further south-east: yey! So beautiful there... My roots are calling me home, what can I say?

All in all, I'd say it was progress of sorts.

Slow, agonizing progress... but still. The cup is half-full of coffee, right?

Kay, gotta drop the kids off at the dogsitter's now and then head to work for another day of brain-sucking. Am just grateful this week is more than half done.

Over and out.

/end of Grateful For Small Things post/

8 comments:

Tonya said...

Glad to hear the good news! Fingers crossed!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Working from home?
That is what I do...but I don't get paid. *snap*
That is very good news for you guys...
oh, when the chin starts dropping, you best run. run as fast as you can so it won't catch you. ;0

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Working from home.....ooooh, I'm jealous.

Frank said...

I find that growing a beard covers flabby chin skin.

prin said...

Yey! You'll both be home! That means you guys will be all set for baby-makin'! I'm gonna be an auntie!

And quit criticizing yourself.

Or grow a beard, like Frank said.

KA said...

ZOMG, you might be older than me but according to the few pictures you've posted, you don't LOOK it. Yeesh :-p.
Sooooo at the risk of sounding cliche, will house lead to baby technodolls?

myself said...

engh shut up about flabby chins, go take a look on FB and see the latest photo of moi and you shall never complain again.

Teensy thing :)

Good o on working at home, but you realize that this term does not refer to gettin' some right?

Sian said...

The dream house is out there for you. And answering the call of roots is a bad thing :o)