Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Random brain bubbles

This morning I got mesmerized by a beautiful formation of honking geese high up in the cold blue sky, their rhythmic honking synonymous with the return of spring. It made me so happy, I wanted to cry.

Oftentimes, while driving in flowing traffic, my mind drifts and gels and I get this iresistable urge to lift my foot off the pedal and just... not brake. Let the cars bump into each other. Dunno why. Is that weird?

At which point in life do we stop wanting things? When do we "have it all"?

I'm glad I'm not a man and will never have to worry about going bald. Although I do wish my hair would grow as fast as my damn nails (have to clip those twice a week), then I could get that fabulous über-short haircut I've always dreamed about but am sure to hate cuz it would make me look like a Q-Tip. So I'll just go for a trim on Friday, this shapeless frizz has finally driven me bonkers.

Trade-shows are evil, there is no god, Elvis is dead and those who wake up with hangovers deserve them.

/end of Stupid Wednesday post/

12 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

You are random. I like random.

prin said...

You have it all when you appreciate what you have already...

I have it all and I don't even have a tv. :D

Ooo, but I could go for some creme eggs. Lunch time is comin'!

No trim!! Slice and dice!!! Dooooo it!!! Woo!! It's spring!! Exclamation points are fun!!!!!

Curly said...

What?? From birds to hangovers? Was it better than the time you watched the pigeons going at it?

Stop with the cream eggs. You are both to blame for the two bags of mini Cadbury eggs I bought at the pharmacy last night. I have 1.5 bags left. Sigh.

prin said...

Mmm. Creme eggs. I feel no pity for you because one of those bags lasts me like an afternoon. Amateur.

Curly said...

Only reason I didn't finish it was b/c I didn't want to share with hubby and the girls. :)

Curly said...

make that one bag left now... Pass the Advil for the chocolate headache, please.

Roshan said...

Sure you're not a man and don't have to worry about growing bald....but what about poor folks like me! My hairline is receding and there's a patch at the top of my head that has seen better days. Family genes is not in my favour either!

Technodoll said...

Busy Bee, that was only a glimpse.

Prin, yes!!! they!!! are!!

Curly, am proud of the chockit sisterhood on a mission - he he.

Roshan, how about a hat? *grin*

3 Bay B Chicks said...

This may very well be the best random post that I have ever read.

I too have the urge for a car crash from time to time...and then I remember my insurance rates and the feeling passes.

-Francesca

myself said...

I'd like some of what you've been smoking please, would probably make me feel better....

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Lifting your foot would have been intesting to see the domino effect, but costly at times. But its great to pause and daydream for a while...i find I do that a lot lately...random moments no doubt, but those are the ones you often remember the most huh?

Technodoll said...

3BayB, yep I don't want to deal with any aftermath of accidents. But oh! so tempting sometimes :-D

Myself, if I smoke I may end up under some bridge in Poland, knitting a tuque. And I don't knit.

Daring, totally! They're recurrant, too... hmm.