Monday, November 1, 2010

How do you guys do it?

As I sit here in front of a blank screen, head throbbing from aching knotted neck and shoulder muscles, half-asleep, trying to think of what to write - I wonder if I have anything left to say?

I mean, this blog is getting old.

I don't want it to peter out and fade away like some old has-been, I don't!

Yet I feel it hasn't gotten the attention it deserves lately. I also am lagging in reading your blogs (you know who you are) and just can't seem to find the time and energy to get excited about it.

So I think I'll just be posting a couple times a week from now on, unless I've got loads of stuff to blab about. That would take some pressure off, cuz a hobby shouldn't become a duty. I've enough duties as it is :-/

Mind you, I've moved the first flock into the stables today (hurrah!) so I can say that the end of the Big Renos are in sight, in a few weeks it's all done and the rest should just be maintenance, free and clear. Technically, being freed up from hours of renovation work and scattered chook duties should give me breathing room to concentrate on... other fun stuff...

Projects! I gots 'em!

I want to paint the ugly hallways of our house this winter. Huge project. I also want to paint and decorate our bedroom (giganto project) as well as finish this godforsaken living room.

I want to take out my canvases and let some art come to life, it's tickling me up inside.

I want to learn how to work Big Daddy, get him prepped for the saddle this spring.

I want to have more time to spoil my hubby and the doggies.

Books. I like them, I want to read more of them.

I want to take a few little trips here and there, see family and friends. Flock care will finally be easy enough that I can let someone else do it once in a while - hurrah!

Vacation with Vegas? Dreamy!

Notice that I haven't mentioned work once.

Anyhoo, this feels like the right thing to do - at least for now. Since I'm allowed to change my mind (and do I ever), do keep visiting because you never know what you're going to find.

I promise to never stay boring for too long ;-)

/end of Freedom post/

5 comments:

Anke said...

I wouldn't feel bad about not posting every day. After all, it is your blog and you can post whenever and whatever you want to. I for one enjoy it whenever you post something and I love reading about all your critters.
Looks like you have a lot of projects planned as well - guess those never end... ;-)

Rebecca Foster said...

Well, you know your loyal subscribers will always be ready to read a new post. I love technology, it's very convenient!

I agree, it should be something you do because you like it, not a duty.

I love hearing about your life in Canada, for what it's worth. One of the great things about blogs is a glimpse into lives very different from mine-- so enriching.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I have never been able to post everyday (or read everyday) but this month I am...and I won't be mad if you don't read every day and if you don't have anything to say for a few days either. Wow. that was a loooong sentence.
Do what you can...and don't make it feel like a job.
You have a lot of big goals this winter, it never ends does it? Well, that is a good thing.
xoxox
Suz

myself said...

god knows I can't manage to even post once a week recently, so, really, am I one to judge?

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I always enjoy reading you! Sounds like you have some free time coming and that is awesome. Enjoy it to the fullest because you deserve it with all your hard work.